Business Development & Communications Graphic Designer - 2 year contract
Dolmen, an international product design and innovation consultancy, is looking to hire an experienced graphic designer to work in our business development department.
Dolmen is 27 years in business, working with multinationals, dynamic SMEs and entrepreneurs to develop IP rich, internationally award winning products and services. Our client industries include FMCG, ICT and Medical Devices. Clients include: Diageo, GE, ABB, Hollister, Medtronic, Cook Medical, Klas Telecom, Moocall. Awards include multiple Red Dot Awards, IF Awards, IDI awards (including twice winning the Grand Prix) and recently we were exhibited in the London Design Museum for the ‘Designs of the Year’ exhibition.
We are a team of designers, design engineers and brand specialists who work hard and play hard. Hard sometimes means that you accidentally fall off your racing bike when doing a 140km ‘jaunt’ down the country, or fall off a cliff whilst climbing in Wales (these guys are made of tough stuff!). Thankfully it also means surfing holidays, gokarting, adventure rooms, BBQ’s and general socialising.
Our brand new offices are based in DCU Alpha, a stones throw from the National Botanic Gardens (and the Gravediggers Pub, one of the best pints of Guinness in the country… we would know, we designed the beer taps!). DCU Alpha is a dynamic business community with regular monthly ‘free pizza + movie’ nights, networking evenings, free lunches and fun events. There is also a strong link to the main DCU campus. We are very easy to access, have Bleeper Bike and Bike-To-Work Scheme and a killer view of the city from our 4th floor perch.
Dolmen are looking to enhance their Business Development department with the recruitment of a bright, energetic and talented designer.
We are looking for:
• Excellent creative skills in graphic design.
• Experience in digital marketing content generation.
• A passion and understanding of product and 3D.
• A willingness to be challenged and work to deadlines in a fast paced environment.
• Someone who is flexible, can work autonomously but also integrate well into a team.
The role will include:
• Working with an external brand agency to refresh the company brand.
• Content generation for the website, social media, brochures, marketing materials, exhibition and trade fair stands.
• Management of the website and social media, including the development and management of online campaigns.
• Liaising internally with design teams to build content based on past and current client projects.
• Working with company ‘brand owner’ to ensure brand consistency across all communications.
• Participation in team brain-storms across a variety of client projects.
• Supporting design teams on graphic design requirements for cross industry product clients.
• Data visualisation.
• Supporting Directors and Business Development Manager on graphic design and content generation requirements.
• Any other jobs as required in a fast paced consultancy environment.
The candidate must:
• Have a recognised graduate degree not less than Level 6 on the National Vocational Qualifications Framework;
• Have a valid work permit to work in Ireland
• Have graduated within the last four years i.e. 2015-2018
• Ideally have 3-4 years work experience (though we are willing to hire an exceptional graduate)
• Ideally be fluent in French (not an absolute requirement), must be fluent in English.
• Be proficient with the Adobe suite of products and with social media channels (Linkedin, Twitter)
The role will report to the Business Development Manager and may include some national and international travel.
The role will be based in our new offices on the DCU Alpha Campus (Glasnevin).
Please send a copy of your CV and portfolio with BUSDEV in the title