About the role
We are looking for an experienced individual to join us as Head of Digital. You’ll be responsible for all aspects of our digital product design and development work, driving the digital capability across our teams whilst also doing great work for our existing and new clients.
You’ll be an expert practitioner and be able to lead our digital project delivery. You’ll be passionate about the possibilities that Digital Design can bring to our client work and be able to inspire a wide range of stakeholders, aligning people to your vision. You’ll also have the ability to present KD’s digital offer to new and existing clients in a compelling way. If our motto of designing a better world resonates with you and you are a proven digital champion, we want to hear from you.
Your skills and experience
Whilst you do not need to fulfil all of these, please ensure you meet most of them before making an application.
• Proven digital design experience and knowledge in core areas of digital & physical ecosystems, connected systems, product UX/UI, IoT, AI, VR and an interest and watching brief in new and emerging technologies
• Ability to lead and develop a team of digital designers and creatives across the business, reviewing, directing and executing work as necessary.
• Ability to collaborate effectively with our Insight & Innovation, Human Factors, Product Design and Electronics & Software teams in multi-capability projects
• Ability to lead and inspire stakeholders about the value of Digital Design
• Ability to work with new and existing clients to implement digital solutions, demonstrating KD’s digital capability through insights, exploratory conversations and proposals
• Ability to work with Sales teams ensuring they are confident and effective at spotting and promoting opportunities to sell digital solutions to our clients
• Awareness of where digital design is going and have a keen interest in digital creative, social, cultural, technology and business trends
Salary commensurate with experience.
Why work with us?
We offer flexible hybrid working policies in terms of both location and working hours from day one. We operate availability hours so people can start at 9:30am if needed, lunch can be taken between 12:00pm to 2:00pm (in case you want to pop to the gym or attend an appointment), and we offer an early finish on Fridays if you have banked your hours for the week. Colleagues at KD work with a great deal of flexibility which varies across our teams, and working patterns are agreed with our line managers, taking into account the needs of the individual and the team. We trust our people to work from home, although there may be some occasions [and some roles] when working from the office is necessary. Please get in touch with us if you are thinking of applying but would like more information about how our flexible working policy might work for you in this role and how the team work currently.
We recognise that we are only as good as our people and we know how important it is to support our team:
• Performance related company-wide bonus
• Flexible working approaches around our availability hours (which are Monday to Thursday 9:30am to 12:00pm & 2:00pm to 4:00pm and Friday 9:30 to 12:00pm) to help support your work-life balance
• Training and development opportunities which include regular ‘lunch and learn’ sessions and knowledge sharing via internal channels
• Private healthcare for you and your family as well as additional support via our Employee Assistance Programme
• Enhanced Maternity & Paternity leave
• A matched contributory pension scheme
• Additional days holiday for long service (starting at 25 days for full-time colleagues)
• Discounted First Bus monthly and annual passes (Bristol has a good Park & Ride network.)
• Secure in-building bike storage and shower
• Free eye tests
• Join us for our legendary annual Summer and Christmas parties
• The opportunity to become involved in our work with the RSA, Frank Water, Kerning The Gap, TeenTech, Babbasa, and The Big Bang
• Regular opportunities to have your say and share your thoughts on how we can develop as a team and as a business
• Enjoy our café that acts as the focal point for the whole team to get together for morning coffee, lunch and afternoon tea. Cake plays a huge feature in the day-to-day here at KD! There are also plenty of opportunities to socialise outside of the office too, including activities like staff-organised runs, cycles and regular team socials!
Do we sound like a good match for you?
If you’d like to apply or discuss the role, we’d love to hear from you. If you think you might be the right person for us but want an informal chat first then get in touch via [email protected]
Please click on the link to apply.
At KD we consciously embrace diversity and proactively encourage this with our recruitment process. We welcome applications to this position from anyone meeting the skills criteria, from any background.