We are seeking an experienced Industrial Product designer to develop innovative bags and travel gear collections.
must be able to conceptualize products and draw those into viable prototypes, ensuring that deadlines are met. He/she should
have a good knowledge of production and sewing techniques to facilitate s
ample development and production. Keeping costs in mind is also
important. This position is based in the Belgium product/design team,
but works closely with the product development team in China.
are looking for a team player who brings strong product creation
experience, technical skills, as well as enthusiasm to our products, customers and business.
• Research products, trends, colors and materials
• Initiate and interpret new product concepts based on product strategy
• Provide sketches, line art, design boards, and presentations to communicate design ideas
• Coordinate with the product management and design teams to refine concepts as needed and work within target product prices to assure most effective results
• Manage projects from the creative part all the way to mass production
• Actively follow product reviews during all steps, and participate in Golden sample validation steps, as well as product sheets
• Participate in Trade Shows and marketing meetings as needed
• Interact with China office, factories and product management teams to ensure timelines are met and consistent with specifications
• Degree in Industrial Product Design
• 2 years product design experience, preferably within the soft-goods, luggage, or bag business, preferred.
• Will consider new graduates.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Ability to communicate product concepts verbally, and through written or sketched communications
• Must have a working knowledge of fabric construction, materials and hardware
• Must be able to translate design problems into product solutions
• Must have an understanding of sourcing and production facilities
• Ability to work effectively under timelines in a dynamic, fast paced environment
• Must be self-directed, organized with a strong attention to detail, but also have the ability to work effectively as part of a multicultural team
• Must be able to work on multiple product lines (travel gear, handbags, business bags)
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
• Must have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
• Computer design experience with Solidworks or other CAD software experience a plus
• Must be fluent in English.