BLANK OBJECT is comprised of an eclectic team of industrial designers, UX designers, strategists and engineers working together to create meaningful products for brands, and those who engage with them.
From International companies to local start-ups, our typical clients are as diverse as our expertise, and we have been collaborating with: SUPOR, LENOVO, FISSLER, SOMFY, CARREFOUR, HISENSE, MIDEA, BOE, SCHNEIDER ELECTRIC, to name a few.
Based in: Xintiandi area, Shanghai Company Size: 15 employees Object website: http://blank.sh
The Senior Industrial Designer works collaboratively, creatively, and flexibly within interdisciplinary teams and with our clients. Blank Object process involves careful observations; exploring and defining design opportunities; helping to define strategy; creating tangible design expressions; and communicating the essence of these ideas.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• has strong visualisation skills in addition to being comfortable working within multidisciplinary teams.
• is a well-organised individual with extraordinary attention to detail thanks to his/ her technical knowledge and manufacturing skills.
• is a proactive person for brainstorming and iterating with a group of people with different backgrounds (Chinese, French, Dutch, Canadian, Korean, English). This diversity of thought and approach results in breakthrough ideas that lead to innovative outcomes.
• should demonstrate an ability to work across a range of projects, from innovation to concrete applications.
• should be fluent in Mandarin (good grasp of English preferred).
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop.
• Mastering in 3D modelling/CAD software ( Rhino, ProEngineer)
• Technical Development knowledge.
• Project Management
• Chinese and English communication skills for presentation to directors and clients (mostly Chinese clients).
HOW TO APPLY
• your portfolio (15Mb max)
• you strength description in few words
• your salary expectation