Pensar is looking for a passionate, experienced and talented Creative Director to lead our ID and UX teams forward. We have a highly collaborate, low-ego team environment with designers and engineers working side by side. We are looking for someone with the vision and connections to grow our team and client base. This position will report directly to the ownership of Pensar.
Pensar is a dynamic, fast paced complete product development firm with over 80 Engineers and Designers on staff. We pride ourselves on our accountability, transparency and work ethic. Pensar has been achieving Client successes for the last 18 years and we look forward to our next Creative Director continuing this legacy. We provide our clients with creative solutions in design and production for the industries of Consumer Electronics, Medical Devices and Aerospace. Our open studio work environment has the best views in Seattle and is walking distance to many restaurants and bars, an art museum, the OMA designed library and ferry boats. We provide our employees competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and a great benefits package.
• 10+ years in a leadership role within the Industrial Design discipline.
• Proven success leading both UX and ID teams/projects.
• Comfortable working with Business Development teams to acquire new Clients.
• Proven history writing and delivering winning proposals, budgets and schedules.
• Comfortable working on real world details with Engineers and reviewing big picture items with Clients.
• Experienced creating and fostering an environment that grows individual contributor skill sets and career development.
• Highly functional within the product tradeoffs of Quality, Cost and Schedule.
• Good working knowledge of process capabilities and limitations within the worlds Electrical and Mechanical Engineering.
• Comfortable presenting to both internal and external audiences.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• Ability to digest, embrace and replicate the Pensar Culture.
• Demonstrated skill in balancing work/life commitments for both themselves and for their team.
• Recent relevant experience in the UX market.
• Desire to embrace working with a very large and functional Engineering team.
• Demonstration of leadership, motivation and ability to provide functional feedback to both internal and external team members.