About the Studio
Studio Stallinga BV is an internationally acclaimed Industrial Design firm in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The Studio Stallinga team works from concept to realisation on a broad variety of projects using a great variety of production techniques. The studio realizes both mass-produced products and unique, technically advanced installations.
The design process from concept to realization incorporates 3D rendering, engineering, ergonomics, prototyping, tooling and manufacturing. For our clients we offer professional support for production, including international testing. We deliver mass produced items through our international network of manufacturers.
Description of the internship
As an intern you will work on the latest design projects and discover the various aspects and activities that arise during the design process. In addition to working in 2D and 3D software, activities include research, procurement, programming, electrical engineering, modelling and testing. All activities are targeted at the actual realization of the products, projects and installations.
We work in a small informal team, with a friendly and open working environment where you can challenge and develop your design skills.
What Studio Stallinga provides interns during their placement:
• Students will assist the in-house team on the ongoing design projects
• A chance to work on a variety of projects from concept / research phase to development / prototyping and manufacturing
• An active position within the company
• Development of practical industrial design skills, including Solidworks, technical documentation, good design practices and project planning.
• Working hours 9 – 5, Monday – Friday
• Daily lunch
• Internship placements are for a minimum of 6 months up to 12 months; including a 3 month trial period to make sure that the student is a good match within our team.
• We do not provide interns with a monthly wage
What we expect from an intern:
• 3rd year Product Design student
• Strong personal drive to work within a professional company and learn from this experience
• A good foundation of Solidworks and 3D modelling skills
• A good foundation of skills in Photoshop / Illustrator
• The ability to communicate ideas through drawing
• Good knowledge of industrial design production techniques and materials
• Ability to understand and solve technical and mechanical problems
• Skilled in building or altering technical models / appliances
• Good professional communication and cooperation skills
• Independent, inquisitive, resourceful
• Electronics / Programming knowledge is a plus
Please only apply if you are a student and currently able to reside in Europe.