Are you looking for an exciting and challenging placement opportunity within our design studio where you will get to experience all aspects of the design process?
If you are enthusiastic, ambitious and driven about design then we challenge you to explore our business and develop your skills in a placement with us.
Become part of the team! Who are we looking for:
The successful candidate will be an exceptionally creative thinker and able to thrive within a fully integrated multi-disciplinary team. Reporting into the Design Director and team, the successful candidate must be self-motivated and show a willingness to aid in the general day to day running of projects through their project and time management skills.
The ideal candidate will have a fantastic portfolio of creative work across multiple sectors and be someone who is looking for their career to flourish within an ever-expanding ID team.
As a member of a highly creative team, it is important that the successful candidate is continually pushing the boundaries of ID to ensure that the company stay at the forefront of product development.
Who you are:
• Currently studying at a University with a 6-month placement requirement
• Applicants should be studying a degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or similar.
• Willingness and eager to learn with a proactive ‘can do’ attitude
• Good interpersonal skills and a team player
• Good organisation and time management skills
• Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work to tight deadlines
Skills & Responsibilities:
The ideal candidate must have:
• The ability to quickly communicate your thoughts and ideas, whether it be through sketching, physical model making or other mediums.
• A proficient user of 2D design visualisation tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign).
• A good capability of 3D modelling & visualisation software (e.g. Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot).
• Excellent creative problem-solving skills.
• Flexible approach to the diverse range of project work across multiple categories.
Nice to have:
• An understanding of animation, visualisation and photography skills is a bonus
• A sharp eye for colours, materials, finishes and forms.
• Ability to compile research and create impactful trends/mood boards and presentations.
What we have to offer:
• The opportunity to work on real live projects on a range of categories across our three brands Mira Showers, Rada and Kohler UK
• The opportunity to learn from and work with our team of award-winning creatives in our open plan studio space.
• The opportunity to understand the product design and development process, and how this builds into the wider multi-functional product development process.
• A dedicated mentor to help you achieve your learning & experience goals.
• A competitive salary
As an organisation, Kohler Mira is committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse associates, consumers, partners, and global communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
If you are interested, please submit your resume and portfolio with your application (PDF or URL) by 6th March 2020 to email@example.com. You will need to be available for interview in Cheltenham on a weekday between application close and 13th March 2020.