LAYER, an experience driven design agency is seeking an intern for 6 months starting in January 2018, and pending a successful outcome may lead to an extension to the internship or permanent employment.
LAYER is a fast-growing studio that partners with the world’s most forward-thinking brands – including Nike, Samsung, Braun, BMW, Fritz Hansen, and Herman Miller. We create products that will help define the way we live, work, travel and communicate in the future, from smart wearables and furniture systems, to the next generation of media and communication devices. Visit http://layerdesign.com/ to see some of our recent award-winning projects.
Our experience driven approach to projects requires a diverse range of skills, the successful applicant(s) will be a proactive person with a positive attitude to become an integral team member.
Fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Duties and responsibilities:
• Research; inspiration and project direction
• Concept generation; good sketching abilities, card model making
• Design development; 2D (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
• Design development ; 3D (3D modeling and rendering)
• The role will involve general office duties as required
• The candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join an extremely fast-paced environment
If any of the following are not included, unfortunately your application will not be considered.
1. Email a cover letter, cv and portfolio to [email protected]
2. Please write ‘Internship application’ in your subject for the email and address the email to Gabrielle Godin.
3. All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 3MB
4. We are not looking for architects or interior designers at this time.
5. Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates – please do not follow up your application by email or phone; rest assured we review all portfolios received and will contact all applicants that fit our needs.