Start date: february / march 2023
Duration: 4 to 6 months
Conditions: Paid internship + 50% Navigo pass + meal tickets
Location: 7 rue des Taillandiers, 75011 Paris
CV + Folio + Some lines explaining your motivation to [email protected]
Closing date for applications: 31 january 2022
We are looking for a design student to work with us for 4 to 6 months on a variety of projects ranging from scenography to industrial products.More specifically, you will work initially on :
- the design of a range of air quality sensors, within a global design approach. You will work with other profiles (graphic designer, UX/UI designer) to create a coherent vision, from product to communication tools;
- the design and manufacturing of the prototype of a new technology to operate on patients with neurological disorders;
- any other project in the field of electronic products / industrial design.
At Units, we value a plural approach to design: we are looking for someone who is curious and ambitious! We are a team of designers with a passion for science and technology. We work for clients from different sectors:
- we collaborate with medtech & deeptech startups at all stages of their innovation development, both on UX and product design (Essilor, Inbrain Neuroelectronics, Robeauté, Sorbonne University...) ;
- we design consumer products on an industrial scale, placing technological innovations and manufacturing processes at the heart of the issues (GA Smart Building, Comintes, Solideo...);
- we design and manufacture scenographic and immersive devices for events, brands and venues (Grand Palais, Adidas, Palais de Tokyo, Point Éphémère...).
If you join us, your daily tasks will include:
- formulate concepts / products and model them in 3D ;
- produce visuals (still and moving images) to communicate these concepts;
- imagine new scenographic projects;
- respond to calls for projects;
- carry out aesthetic and theoretical monitoring of technological issues.
- experience in 3D concept modelling (Fusion 360, Rhino, Keyshot);
- ability to develop complex thinking to respond to briefs combining technical, social and aesthetic issues
- high level of requirement on the formal and narrative quality of the proposals developed;
- a taste for teamwork in a knowledge-sharing approach
- ability to take initiatives in order to participate in the development of the studio.
And it\'s even better if you are
- Interested in technological issues: from software to machines, music or social sciences.
- Comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team. We are not looking for technical experts but for creative people who are sensitive to related fields of design.
For more information
Here are some links where you can find more information about our projects and the way we work: