Industrial Design Internship (12 month)
JMDA is an award- winning, UK based product design consultancy. Bucking the trend in this COVID situation, an opportunity has opened for an industrial designer to join our dynamic team for a paid internship, with the potential for a permanent position.
As an industrial design intern, you will work on projects for a broad range of international clients, predominantly within the juvenile industry. You will be expected to contribute to various phases of the ID process, applying your skills from university to create unique product designs. You must be a team player, ready to share in the demands of a small business and willing to support across all areas.
Skills and Experience:
- Ideally you have some real-world experience from a previous placement or internship. Relevant experience in automotive and/or child safety products would be advantageous but not essential.
- Exceptional visualisation and styling with a portfolio displaying your talent
- Ability to think conceptually and share ideas clearly and quickly through a variety of medium
- A great eye for detail
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to showcase concept visuals, graphics and manipulate images
- Strong ability to sketch freehand and digitally
- Experience using 3D CAD (ideally Solidworks)
- Knowledge of Keyshot
- Comfortable in the workshop environment with strong model making skills
- Ambition and drive to go the extra mile
- MS Office knowledge (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Must be a UK resident or possess an EU working visa
- Clean driving license and independent means of transport is essential due to our rural location.
- Immediate availability
- A strong degree (1st or 2.1) in Product Design, Industrial Design, Automotive Design or related discipline
To apply, please send your covering letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org
Pershore, Worcestershire, UK