Conair is a leading international designer, manufacturer, and marketer of branded personal care and small kitchen appliances, cookware, hairbrushes & accessories, cosmetic bags, and travel accessories.
Conair has always been driven by a passion for innovation; it’s part of the Company’s DNA. Trendsetting products have been invented by Conair since its inception in 1959, keeping the Company always a step ahead of the competition. The company's domestic and international divisions offer a diversified mix of consumer and professional products sold in over 120 countries. The Family of Conair brands includes CONAIR, Cuisinart, BabylissPRO, Scünci , TRAVELSMART by CONAIR, and Waring.
Conair’s passion for innovation gets stronger with each decade, as evidenced by the over 1,000 patents the Company has obtained worldwide. Today, Conair and its brands are names known throughout the world. Conair continues to introduce its brands to new and emerging markets, year after year. By the 1990s, most households in America owned at least one Conair product. Today many have more than one, and the Company’s goal is to ensure that every household in the world eventually owns one of our products.
At Conair, we inspire our customers with innovative quality products and brands that enhance their lives.
Industrial Designers at Conair are very hands-on. They help create our products, work in partnership with our engineers, create prototypes, test their concepts with real users. The designer’s ultimate goal is for our products to help improve the way people live and work. We especially love quick thinkers, problem solvers and good communicators with a well-developed sense of form, proportion, color and materials.
Ideally, you have:
- 2-5 years of experience as an industrial designer
- An incurable curiosity relating to all things design
- Passion for conceptualizing and designing meaningful product solutions for people in their homes (personal care industry or consumer goods experience a plus).
- Strong 2D skills like hand sketching, Illustrator and Photoshop rendering
- Equally incredible 3D CAD skills with Creo or Solidworks
- Comfortable with making quick 3d prints and rough prototypes
- No fear of teamwork, brainstorming sessions or presenting in front of your team
- Healthy email habits, making you a communicative and responsive team player.
- Research industry products and build a knowledge base of product trends through conversations with production, engineering and marketing professionals which will lead to new product design ideas
- Work with the team in order to understand design parameters within defined product categories
- Create preliminary artistic drawings in the form of illustrations for product concepts, present them to the team for feedback and creatively use the feedback to refine product design
- Use CAD software to create and refine designs to create virtual models of product rendering in Keyshot software
- Utilize 3D printing to create product prototypes that are both non-functional and working in order to evaluate their practicality
- Collaborate with a team of marketing and engineers to evaluate product prototypes in order to determine production feasibility and costs
- Comfortable using basic tools to assemble and disassemble production appliances for internal study and redesign
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (mainly Outlook for email)
- 3D Software experience with Creo or Solidworks solid and surface modeling
- Keyshot software knowledge
- Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Must be able to use a computer keyboard and view a monitor for extended periods of time
- Must be Covid-19 vaccinated.
- We currently operate on a hybrid schedule; candidate must be willing to come into the Stamford office 50% of time.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive Medical/Dental/Vision plans
- Generous Paid Time Off Programs
- Life & Disability Insurance
- FSA/HRA/Dependent Care FSA
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
- Annual Profit-Sharing Contributions
- 401k and company match
- Free Lunch (in some locations)
- EAP & Employee Wellness Programs
- Volunteer Days Paid Time Off