LiveTrends is currently searching for a highly energetic, motivated and creative individual to fill the role of Industrial Designer.
Industrial Designer: Job Description
This position is new, and will report to the Director of Design. The main task is to contribute to all creative areas: from product design and packaging, to general creative problem solving. An innovative mind set is key.
We are looking for someone who is a skilled model maker, passionate about contemporary arts and crafts. Any experience in designing accessories (personal or home) will help. This is a rare opportunity to wear many hats and to join a young and dynamic organization, which offers exciting and varied growth potential.
LiveTrends develops 300 new products lines every 12 months. There are two launch events per year: Spring/ Summer Portfolio and Fall / Winter Portfolio. The typical development cycle is 18 months forward.
The LiveTrends Brand promises are Quality, Team, Passion, Speed, and Innovation. These values are the driving factors that create the blue print for all positions at the company.
• Based on a clear brief and budget, design innovative and desirable products
• Generate multiple and varied concepts on a theme
• Learn the creative process
• Immerse yourself in the company to deliver a clear “brand voice” to all products
• Become familiar with all LiveTrends product collections past and present, to better inform collection design moving forward
• Collaborate effectively with all product stakeholders and beyond
• Know how to interpret and process Trend Reports into excellent forward-thinking product design
• Packaging design and creative problem solving beyond the studio
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Min. 2 years of experience in Industrial/3D Design (includes internships)
• Basic understanding and knowledge of manufacturing, materials and processes
• Experience within the Home Décor, Floral, or Fashion industries is preferred
• Keen interest and passion for trends, design, and art
• Experience in the mass-market retail category is a big plus
• Proven track record of successfully developed and launched products
• Experience with end-consumer product testing is a plus
• Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design or related is a plus
• Ability to listen hard, effectively take direction, and learn on the job
• Ability to communicate clearly with sketches
• Excellent presentation skills
• Excellent writing skills
• Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• Competent knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, Rhino (or equivalent 3D software), Key shot (or equivalent)
• Perfectionist approach to details
• Appreciation of the Florida sun
When applying please include: Resume and Portfolio samples with a small selection of
your best work. Resumes without work samples will not be considered. PDF, web link,
PowerPoint, Word documents and JPGs are preferred. Please limit submissions to 5mb.