Nintendo of America Inc.
The worldwide pioneer in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Nintendo Switch™ system and the Nintendo 3DS™ family of portable systems. Since 1983, when it launched the Nintendo Entertainment System™, Nintendo has sold more than 4.7 billion video games and more than 740 million hardware units globally, including Nintendo Switch and the Nintendo 3DS family of systems, as well as the Game Boy™, Game Boy Advance, Nintendo DS™ family of systems, Super NES™, Nintendo 64™, Nintendo GameCube™, Wii™ and Wii U™ systems. It has also created industry icons that have become well-known, household names, such as Mario, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Zelda and Pokémon. A wholly owned subsidiary, Nintendo of America Inc., based in Redmond, Wash., serves as headquarters for Nintendo’s operations in the Americas. For more information about Nintendo, please visit the company’s website at http://www.nintendo.com.
Description Of Duties
• Provides development, input, and support of the industrial design, packaging design/engineering, and brand management, for current and new products.
• Creates CAD models and data, prototypes, drawings, illustrations and specifies manufacturing process for new products and packaging designs
• Develops corporate standards to ensure the continuity of industrial design, graphic design, and visual brand identity for each product line
• Works with other departments and teams to support and manage projects, product development and schedules
• Develops procedures, information, documentation and technical specifications for product manufacturing
• Supports new product development and manufacturability (i.e. manufacturing process, material, and color choice, cost, safety, etc.) and product information in conjunction with Nintendo Co., Ltd (NCL) and other Nintendo of America (NOA) departments
• Build and maintain effective working relationships with NCL, subsidiaries, and other departments
• Collaborate with other departments to successfully manage and maintain continuity of brands
• Manages, produces, reviews and builds content for graphic materials related to product manuals, labels, packaging and other NOA department requirements
• Works with multiple vendors, suppliers, and external business partners regarding manufacturing logistics, processes, and production of materials, products, and packaging
Summary Of Requirements
• 3 years of experience in industrial design, or packaging design development
• Working knowledge of AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign. Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must be familiar with the video game and consumer electronics industries and knowledge of industrial design, packaging design, brand management, and marketing communications
• Demonstrated understanding of brand theory and management, identity strategies, marketing and corporate communication practices a plus
• Experience in a consumer electronics manufacturing environment helpful
• Broad technical understanding of assorted manufacturing, packaging, and graphic design reproduction processes
• Familiarity of current cultural and marketing trends in design, industrial design, packaging, and brand theory
• Undergraduate degree in Industrial Design, Packaging Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
We are an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans....valuing diversity…celebrating strengths