The Industrial Designer will support the Design Team on designing the next generation of PC Gaming Products, like Gaming Mice, Keyboards, Headsets and Accessories. He is surrounded by a Team of Industrial Designers, CAD modelers, Model makers and PC Gamers.
Supervising the whole Design process, using experienced working tools like Hand Sketching, CAD Sketching and present the Designs in front of the Stakeholders. Supported by CAD Modeler he will create the CAD files to hand it over to our Mechanical Designer. Together with the Model Maker he will create and develop Ergonomic Clay Models and is responsible to refine Design mock-ups and preproduction samples during the Product development process until the mass production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Design the next generation of outstanding gaming peripherals
• Work on challenging projects having complex functional and aesthetic demands and very sensitive ergonomic requirements
• Work in a highly motivated creative environment with international product designers
• Develop well rounded skills as you work on projects holistically; from research and concept creation, including sketching, clay modelling, ergonomic studies, user testing and 3D CAD, to design refinements with our teams and production partners in Asia.
• Challenge your form and creative skills as you work with our new design language
• Visualize and present design concepts to our team to establish and evaluate design concepts for new product design
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Product Design or Automotive Design
• 3+ years product design experience
• Proficient visual communication skills - sketching, Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design
• Technical understanding and knowledge in injection molding, tooling and production
• Highly creative and can demonstrate a passion for design
• Understand brand image and how it relates to a product language
• A hands-on and practical mind set
About Turtle Beach
Turtle Beach is a leading gaming accessory brand offering a wide selection of cutting-edge, award winning products. With roots dating back to 1975 and the early days of PC audio, Turtle Beach has evolved its DNA over the years to become the leading brand it is today.
Having pioneered the console gaming headset market in 2005 with the X51 – the first-ever console gaming headset – Turtle Beach has become a driving force in the space. With its dedication to innovation and broad portfolio of headsets for all types of gamers, on every platform, at all price points, Turtle Beach has held over 40% market share in console gaming headsets for the past nine consecutive years running.
In 2019 Turtle Beach acquired ROCCAT, a German manufacturer of premium PC gaming peripherals and top 10 best-selling brand in its territory, expanding the company’s product offering and gaining access to new markets. With ROCCAT a part of Turtle Beach, the company’s portfolio now features nearly 200 innovative, patented technologies and designs, making them a first choice for passionate gamers around the globe. Turtle Beach has offices in the Americas, Europe, and East Asia.