Innovation is in HP’s DNA. From our origins in a Palo Alto garage in 1939, to our current position as one of the world’s leading technology companies, HP has grown to become a leader in technology and corporate culture, inspiring innovators and entrepreneurs around the globe.
HP brings together a portfolio that spans printing, personal computing, software and services to serve more than 1 billion customers in over 170 countries. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace that attracts exceptional talent and to supporting our employees to succeed at all levels. We dream in over 35 languages and share one mission: to engineer experiences that amaze.
HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion - it's just who we are. From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line.
Come to HP and thrive!
The Role is an Industrial Designer
As a member of the Personal Systems business at HP you will be part of an exciting multi-billion dollar business improving the lives of millions. You will be part of a team responsible for leading a global technology portfolio spanning PCs, displays, peripherals, services, software, and immersive computing. In the role of Industrial Designer you will help us change the world though more sustainable design and inventing ways for technology to improve people’s lives.
On a typical day you might:
- Design a new PC, Display, Workstation, Cash Register, Conferencing System or something that has never been seen before
- Imagine and brainstorm new and better experiences to improve how the world live their lives
- Translates your ideas and new designs into project artifacts, such as sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and models
- Develop design elements for a generation of new products.
- Engage with the HP design community to collaborate on leading edge concepts using the latest materials, trends in forms and colors.
- Collaborates with development partners on turning your industrial design into engineering, marketing and manufacturing reality.
- Make a difference in a more sustainable world through the use of recycled materials, lower carbon footprint concepts and process, and reusable packaging & components.
This job might be for you if: [create your own or leverage]
- You are creative, curious and like to challenge the status quo
- You are resilient and enthusiastic
- Ambiguity doesn’t bother you; you see it as an opportunity to create and take ownership
- You like to understand the root of a problem by using a healthy mix of data, insights and judgment
- You enjoy ‘looking around the corner’ to see how the world is changing and how we might adapt the employee experience
- You like to ask, “why not?” instead of declaring “why not”
- You like to power through obstacles and get stuff done
- You enjoy collaborating with smart people and approach your work with a sense of fun
To be successful in this role, you should have experience in :
- Experience with and understanding of design principles, theories, and concepts.
- Obtaining, analyzing and distilling customer experiences
- Understanding and use of 2-D and 3-D CAD tools and software packages.
- Ability to apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Understanding and experience in implementing and creating sketches, storyboards, models, and prototypes.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Ability to effectively communicate industrial design data, design proposals and product specifications and negotiate options.
- Making the world a better place.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Industrial or Product Design or equivalent.
You’re out to reimagine and reinvent what’s possible—in your career as well as the world around you.
So are we. We love taking on tough challenges, disrupting the status quo, and creating what’s next. We’re in search of talented people who are inspired by big challenges, driven to learn and grow, and dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
HP is a technology company that operates in more than 170 countries around the world united in creating technology that makes life better for everyone, everywhere.
Our history: HP’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion – it's just who we are.
From the boardroom to factory floor, we create a culture where everyone is respected and where people can be themselves, while being a part of something bigger than themselves. We celebrate the notion that you can belong at HP and bring your authentic self to work each and every day. When you do that, you’re more innovative and that helps grow our bottom line. Come to HP and thrive