Join Picnic and be part of defining the future of the Food Service industry. Picnic is leading the disruption of commercial kitchen operations by automating food preparation jobs that are difficult to fill. Unlike large food manufacturing facilities, commercial kitchens in the Food Service industry rely heavily on manual labor to produce food products. Automating these hard to fill jobs in commercial kitchens is what Picnic does. Take a look for yourself: https://www.linkedin.com/company/picnicnews/videos/
Picnic is looking for a talented industrial designer who is skilled in marrying the form and function of a product to its intended market and use cases. We are looking for candidates who will consider all touch points of the product holistically across both software and hardware. You will be responsible for hardware design from the concept level down to individual components and will prototype solutions to critical hardware interactions.
We are looking for big-picture thinkers who maintain a firm grasp on the ‘why’ and can decompose problems systematically and can clearly prioritize design goals.
You will work with the Product, Engineering, and Design teams to create designs that are beautiful, functional, and manufacturable. You will be a key contributor to setting the direction for the look and feel of all of Picnic’s hardware products.
Some of the cool things you'll do at Picnic:
- Sketch ideation
- Generating presentation sketches and renders
- Creating product visualizations for marketing needs
- Hardware prototyping
- Creating engineering drawings for manufacture
- Gaining insights into user needs and communicating them clearly to stakeholders
- Creating compelling design concepts to address these user needs
- Creating spec for color/material/finish of parts
- Ensuring final production parts meet quality standards
A bit about you:
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design
- 3 years professional experience in industrial design
- Portfolio demonstrating strong design process
- Strong ideation sketching and rendering skills
- Experience conducting usability testing with hardware prototypes
- Proficiency in Solidworks and Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of human measures/ergonomics and human cognitive capabilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Prototyping/shop skills
Bonus points if you have:
- Experience working with complex hardware/software systems
- Experience designing restaurant, industrial, or medical equipment
- Knowledge of UX principles
- Photography/video skills
If you have a knack for solving problems, want to be on the ground floor building disruptive new technologies, enjoy working in a demanding and rewarding environment, join Picnic and help shape what comes next.
Picnic is committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.