At P&G, Design is essential to driving dedication beyond reason with the world’s consumers! We uniquely transform strategy into irresistible consumer experiences! We view business challenges through an empathetic lens – consumer centric in everything that we do. We balance left and right brained thinking to bring great design that builds the business. We lead with imagination, curiosity, courage and inspiration. Through Design, we elevate brands to icons. P&G Design is looking for an Industrial Designer to join our team who has a passion for innovation and will be responsible for crafting outstanding product and package solutions that balance consumer needs with technical constraints and manufacturing processes.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Design and develop products with a keen understanding of the human factors and end user needs.
- Collaborate with the Innovation Design leader to execute the industrial and innovation design strategy for the brand.
- Lead the design process on initiatives from problem definition to design implementation while collaborating with other designers and multi-functional partners.
- Galvanize support for your ideas through strong influencing and communication skills.
- Be accountable for excellent execution.
- BA/BS in Industrial Design or similar discipline.
- A portfolio that demonstrates strong Design Mastery in industrial design. Your portfolio will be assessed on creative excellence, storytelling, problem-solving and technical mastery. Your work should also demonstrate examples of solving design problems by connecting consumer insights, technology, socio-cultural and market trends in a meaningful way.
- Experience in designing for FMCG brands.
- A good base knowledge in key manufacturing processes (blow-molding, injection molding, etc.)
- Design leadership skills with experience on driving a design vision with commercial and technical partners as well as the confidence to present to and influence senior leaders.
- Strong collaboration and interdependence skills both within design, multi-functional partners and external creative agencies. Experience collaborating across geographies and organizational boundaries is a plus.
- Ambitious spirit with the courage to find opportunities for design to make a bigger business impact.
- Outstanding listening skills with a view to understanding and anticipating the needs as well as the willingness to roll up your sleeves and execute with excellence.
- Outstanding project management skills, ability to lead multiple initiatives and handle complexity with confidence. Proven discipline, outstanding time management skills, with ability to set priorities and be accountable from concept to final design delivery.
- Flexibility in an environment of constant change.
- Software proficiency in the latest graphics and business programs: Adobe CS (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat) and Microsoft (Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience with animation tools (Flash, Premiere, Maya, etc.).
- Solid understanding of relevant CAD systems (e.g. Alias, Rhino, SolidWorks, or FreeForm) or rendering software (e.g. KeyShot or Move).