Who We Are
Verkada is the leading physical security platform to protect people, assets and privacy. Designed with simplicity in mind, Verkada’s five product lines - video security cameras, access control, environmental sensors, alarms and visitor management - provide seamless visibility through an integrated secure cloud-based software platform. Over 9,700+ organizations worldwide trust Verkada as their physical security layer for easier management, frictionless scalability and cutting-edge innovation.
In This Role You Will:
As an Industrial Designer at Verkada, you will define creative vision and develop cameras, access control systems, sensors, and other connected devices alongside our growing team of designers and hardware engineers. You’ll maintain and evolve Verkada’s product design language by creating solutions that emulate our core brand principles, reduce product complexity, and deliver premium experiences for our customers. You’ll make a big impact — your designs will be a part of Verkada’s quickly expanding portfolio of products.
Why You Are The Perfect Fit:
- You have a Bachelor's degree in Industrial Design or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience as an Industrial Designer, developing consumer or enterprise electronics products.
- Consistency in designing challenging and innovative product solutions with a high level of sensitivity to form and function, attention to detail, and conceptual clarity.
- A generalist approach to technical skills: design strategy, customer insights, form development, sketching, physical prototyping at various levels of fidelity, package design, 3D modeling, and CMF exploration and selection.
- Proficient in 2D & 3D digital tools like Solidworks, Rhino, Keyshot, C4D, Adobe Suite, etc.
- Experience working directly with mechanical, electrical, and optical engineers to solve problems in a collaborative team environment.
- A strong understanding of material properties, manufacturing processes, and production timelines.
- Deep understanding of new product development lifecycle in a quick-to-market environment.
- Ability to generate and communicate design vision, or embrace and extend existing solutions.
- Experience with cameras, environmental sensors, control systems, or connected devices is preferred.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 15%.
- You will help create the visual and physical language of our brand through the design of our hardware.
- Utilize user-centric thinking and keen aesthetic sensibility to align our brand to customer needs.
- Provide creative vision by effectively presenting your design concepts and strategy to peers and key stakeholders from initial concept through to mass production and market launch.
- Collaborate with our hardware engineering team to explore, prototype & test new product concepts to finalize form, CMF & packaging.
- Work closely with design, engineering, product management, and operations on complex technical programs in a fast-paced environment.
- Work with overseas vendors and manufacturing partners to define & assist as your designs go to production.
- Contribute concepts and problem solving across multiple projects.
Nice to Have Skills
- Experience working with camera and sensor component driven product architectures
- Packaging design, development, and testing procedures.
- Experience designing products for harsh environments
Perks & Benefits:
- Generous company paid medical, dental & vision insurance coverage
- Unlimited paid time off & 11 companywide paid holidays
- Wellness allowance Commuter benefits
- Healthy lunches and dinners provided daily
- Generous paid parental leave policy & fertility benefits
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to be a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is support for members and allies of our internal communities like Women at Verkada, Pride at Verkada, Multicultural at Verkada and Parents at Verkada.