Amazon Global Specialty Fulfillment (GSF) is seeking an experienced Sr. Industrial Designer to join the Design Engineering team. Our team is supporting the rapid expansion of Prime Now, Fresh, Pantry and Locker+ worldwide. This individual will be responsible for creating and maintaining optimal drawings of material handling equipment, work areas, and storage equipment as well as design support for future initiatives. Drawings will require a high level of detail in both plan views as well as corresponding elevation views. A successful candidate will be able to collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time, and simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, architecture or related field.
· 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/ Industrial Engineering, or related.
· Experience must involve technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects.
· Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, Word, CAD 2D/3D Software
· Master’s Degree or other advanced degree in Mechanical/Industrial/Process Engineering, Operations, Business Administration or related field
· Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing
· Proficiency in AutoCAD and other 3D CAD
· Proficiency in using advanced simulation modeling tools (Flexsim, Arena, Simio, etc)
· Proficiency in running SQL queries and data mining
· Experience in engineering and estimating material handling and storage systems
· Operations Management/ Fulfillment/Distribution Center experience preferred
· Capital project management skills
· Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making
· Design-in-Safety experience
· Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
· Ability to manage, influence, negotiate, and communicate with external business partners and internal teams to meet organizational capacity needs
· Speaking other EU languages
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon.