We’re in the business of making. We invent category defining user experiences, products and services for the world’s most interesting brands. We are a reserved, highly selective studio built on a singular commitment to excellence. We are independent and march to the beat of our own drum.
At the heart of our work is the need to challenge the expected, confront accepted wisdom and push the boundaries of the possible. We are interaction designers, visual designers, materials scientists, digital engineers, biochemists, artists, designers, electronics experts, experience builders, taste-makers, iconoclasts, craftsmen (and women). Together, we make the stuff of tomorrow.
As a Product Designer at Native, you will become involved in all stages of a project, including research, concept development and preparation of client presentations. Each member of the team is critical to the success of a project.
You will be required to work both individually and as a member of a team, to undertake various tasks under the supervision of a Director or Senior Designer.
What we’re looking for:
• University Graduate
Knowledge and Skills
• Action-oriented and goal-driven
• Ability to work independently with regular mentoring
• Co-operative and sharing with colleagues
• Proactive approach and embraces change
• Strong communication skills
• Proficiency in Adobe CS, at least one 3D modeling program, render software.
General tasks include but are not limited:
• Supporting the end-to-end design process from research and initial conception through to model making and client presentations including:
o Research Analysis
o Design Development
o 2D/3D CAD
o 3D Rendering
o Physical model making
o Presentation Documentation
• Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
• Translate client requests into specification and tangible changes, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
• Always liaising with clients, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and mature manner
If not directly engaged in project work, always seek tasks that add value to the company. These include:
• Keep up to date on emerging technologies, designs and usability research
• Maintaining and improving the file structure and organization on the server
• Researching new trends and developments relevant to other ongoing projects
• You have full ownership and responsibility of any task given to you
• Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations
• Work result-oriented, always ensure the highest level of execution is delivered to the client and that work in progress can be shared at any time of the project
• Pro-actively push the level of quality in both thinking and execution, constantly come up with new ideas and ways of solving problems, even if project briefs are similar
• Consider the bigger picture and understand the overall context and requirements of each individual project
• Ensure that your work is always properly documented, stored and archived for anyone to access at any given time.