Founded in 1997, Maesa provides innovative, high quality exclusive beauty products, driving value and differentiation for retailers and brand owners. Maesa operates three categories of business – exclusive brands for mass and drug retailers, private label for specialty retailers and outsourcing for beauty brands. Maesa partners with over 80 global customers such as Elizabeth Arden, Parlux, Ralph Lauren, Sally Beauty, Target, Banana Republic, Ulta, Walmart, H&M, and Zara. Launching over 3,000 proprietary products a year, Maesa delivers proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies. Headquarted in New York and Paris, with additional offices in Los Angeles, Vienna, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Dongguan, Maesa employs over 300 team members worldwide with over 130 employees in the US.
Maesa is currently seeking an individual to join our team as an industrial designer. This role reports to Chief Creative Officer. Roles and responsibilities will expand to other areas based on candidate’s skill-level and performance.
- Contribute creative development of product and packaging industrial designs that push the company’s heritage of innovation while uniquely driving our client’s individual brand imagery
- Design for multiple global brands within contracted lead times
- Support in new brand packaging conception and development
- Assist in conceptualization, design and production of primary and secondary packaging, collateral marketing material, seasonal gift sets, in-store marketing materials, and product designs.
- Assisting in the design of in-store merchandising and displays
- Creating comps and samples (both 2D and 3D)
- Creation of product digital renderings and some digital photography.
- ID team members build relationships with Maesa's key departments, including Product Development, Merchandising, Marketing and Engineering teams to effectively ensure synchronization of all project development efforts
- Be a team player with Maesa's existing dynamic design team, (both Graphic and Industrial Designers).
Qualifications and Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design minimum
- 2-4 years of experience in Industrial Design field.
- Knowledge of SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD Fusion required
- Strong visualization skills, and Industrial Design Sketching required.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and handle multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment.
Los Angeles, California, USA