WHO WE ARE
We are NewDealDesign, an award-winning technology design firm and the 2013 National Design Award honoree. With over 100 awards under our belt, we work on the coolest projects in tech, from advance concept assignments with industry giants to the latest creations for hot start-ups. We team industrial, graphic and interaction designers with strategists and engineers to create delightful objects and experiences. Come and join us!
We are looking for an Industrial Designer!
NewDealDesign is looking for a passionate and talented Industrial Designer to join our downtown San Francisco office. This is an outstanding hands-on opportunity to contribute and grow with a leading design firm.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
• Contribute a creatively adventurous outlook to bring bold, new ideas to the table with sensitivity to form expression and design details.
• Provide high-quality hand sketches, hand-built form studies, and prototypes for clients and presentations.
• Provide model-making support – CAD preparation for model making and CMF documentation.
• Perform good detailed design – demonstrate to all your ability to perform careful detailing by understanding the project context.
• Craft and organize all visual designs, written documents and presentations with skill and efficacy for clients’ needs.
• Engage in client relations – exhibit a preliminary understanding of client relations and business motivation behind design.
• Demonstrate and promote the importance of good design and brand values and their impact on society and business, including the NewDealDesign brand and design philosophy.
• Assist NDD leadership in client-facing meetings and other professional functions.
• Provide skill and expertise working with an array of design tools to complete projects, such as 3D CAD SolidWorks, 3D Rendering, Adobe Creative Suite, MSFT Office to bring projects and presentations to life.
• Demonstrate your understanding of the value of color, materials, and finishes as it applies to product design.
A BIT ABOUT YOU
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design or equivalent.
• Must have 1-3 years of recent and very relevant industrial design experience.
• Competency in relevant digital tools – Adobe CC, 3D CAD, rendering software.
• Excellent hand sketching and form development skills.
• Great problem-solving and communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with guidance and independently as needed.
• Demonstrate resiliency under pressure while exhibiting a positive, respectful attitude
• Must have portfolio that showcases a thoughtful creative process (sketches and models).
Join my VIP list to get some help with your portfolio + Portfolio reviews