Are you passionate about product design and are you eager to start a new challenge in an innovative and fast-growing company?
In LÚCID we are looking for an Industrial Designer with an outstanding product portfolio to join our team! This person will be responsible for conceptualizing and designing the new paradigm of products, help us shape the future of our customers, and work across incredible and very different product categories by working closely with the Product Engineering team.
LÚCID is a forward-thinking, user-centered design agency. We embrace innovation as the engine for business and planet improvement. Our service\'s architecture goes from Research and Strategy to the main design disciplines: Product, Digital, and Service design. Always with circularity and sustainability as a core driver, our aim is to empower people and organizations to reach their best through global design strategies.
An award-winning agency in Terrassa (Barcelona), our creative space houses a team of 30 designers: an extension to your design project\'s success. Here, you will be immersed in our creative methodologies that connect you with end-user needs and insight.
We are the triggers of innovation and your Design Intelligence.
What do we expect from you?
- You will be responsible for the product design and development of some of our most important and strategic projects.
- Meet with clients to establish the project foundations and design briefing, including concept, performance, and production criteria.
- Build professional relationships of high trust with clients and focus on offering exceptional service throughout the project.
- Able to visualize the entire project roadmap accurately and help in the definition of the most appropriate work sequence for each project.
- Create thoughtful and appropriate solutions by translating research insights into beautiful and engaging user-centered design solutions that satisfy user needs, business requirements, and technical constraints.
- Design of innovative and manufacturable products through the use of sketches, HQ rendering (Keyshot & Adobe Photoshop), presentations, advanced Solidworks Modeling, and technical drawings.
- Collaborate with Product Engineers to conceptualize, document, design, and develop new product concepts.
- Develop comprehensive design specifications and functional documentation for our Product Engineering team.
- Maintain contact with suppliers and subcontractors to keep abreast of new materials, products, sources, pricing, and lead-time requirements.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Engineering and Research team to ensure a smooth, data-driven product development process.
- High level of creativity and passion for innovative product concepts and designs.
- Ability to visualize designs in 2D and 3D (via sketches, photoshop 2D, parametric 3D models).
- Can apply design methods that put the user first.
- Have a deep knowledge of materials, plastic, and metal production processes and a deep understanding of quality control and other techniques for manufacturing.
Which are the desired requirements?
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Industrial/Product Design.
- 5+ years of experience in product design/development; consulting agency experience and with international brands is a plus.
- Multilingual skills are welcome.
- Live, breath, love design. A sense of design trends and a desire to push them forward.
- Experience in rendering and document presentations client-oriented.
- Ability to present, defend and sell concepts effectively to clients.
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others.
- Strong documentation, organization, and time management skills.
- Sensitivity to international consumers and markets.
- Passionate thinker about consumer behavior.
- Circular and sustainability design experience.
What can you expect from us?
- Permanent position in an attractive environment.
- Projects by leading clients that will challenge your skills.
- The opportunity to create and develop the latest technologies and innovative ideas.
- Enthusiastic colleagues working within an award-winning team.
- Flexible schedule, Friday afternoon free and intensive day all summer.
- Flexible compensation for food, transportation, and childcare through the Cobee card (cobee.io).
- Team building activities.
- Free fruit, coffee & tea, and snacks.
If you think that you are the right person and want to join our team, please send your CV and portfolio to [email protected]. We will review your application with lots of enthusiasm!
Starting date: From 1st to 15th of September.
Regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, nationality, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or veteran status, LÚCID promotes diversity and is committed to providing inclusive employment opportunities. We are working hard to make our workplace more equitable, happy, and respectful.