Ember is looking to add a highly motivated and inspired full-time mid-level Industrial Designer to their team. Our in-house product design/development department needs an individual who will collaborate in creating unique designs and ideas. You can effectively communicate ideas through sketches and turn your ideas into refined 3D models. We are looking for a hard-working, passionate person, with strong conceptual and design skills.
• Collaborate with the multidisciplinary Ember team
• Provide creative input to push our products to the next level
• Create rapid and iterative sketches exploring product concepts
• Use SolidWorks or Rhino to bring your designs from concept to physicality
• Present refined concepts through physical and rapid prototyping
• Render 3D concepts in KeyShot
• Participate in project critiques
• A BS/BA in Industrial Design or related design degree
• 3-5+ years of relevant professional experience (Consumer electronics preferred)
• Strong attention to detail and aesthetic sensitivities
• Great verbal communication and presentation skills
• Excellent visual communication skills – sketching, Photoshop, Illustrator, PowerPoint, etc.
• Proficiency using 3D visualization software – SolidWorks, Rhino, KeyShot, etc.
• Experience with the design and development of physical products
• Good understanding of mechanical design, materials and manufacturing processes
• Flexibility and adaptability to work across multiple projects and mediums
Why work at Ember?
Ember is a design-led temperature control brand and technology platform, whose mission is to revolutionize the way people eat, drink and live. Founded by inventor and serial entrepreneur Clay Alexander, Ember creates, designs and develops temperature control products that offer people complete customization.
Named one of TIME magazine’s Best Inventions, the award-winning temperature control Ember Travel Mug² and Ember Mug² are the most advanced coffee mugs on the market, allowing individuals to set and maintain their preferred drinking temperature for hot beverages.
Ember’s temperature control smart mugs are available in over 10,000 retail doors in 27 countries worldwide, including top retailers such as Best Buy, Apple, Williams Sonoma, Bloomingdale’s and Target.
Up next, Ember is applying our innovative temperature control technology to new categories including healthcare and infant care.
What you need know
• Competitive salary
• Stock options
• Comprehensive health benefits (medical, vision, dental, etc)
• 401(k) retirement plan
• Flexible PTO policy
• Paid volunteer days
• Opportunity to work on a variety of exciting projects
What you really want to know
• Coffee. Lots of coffee.
• Cool swag + your very own Ember mug!
• Catered lunches through EAT Club
• Fully stocked fridge & pantry with all the snacks your heart desires
• Daily ping pong tournaments
• Potential celebrity sightings
• Guaranteed puppy sightings
• Team happy hours
• Spontaneous team outings!