JMDA is an award winning, UK based product design consultancy. After another great year of growth, we are looking to further expand our team and bring in an experienced industrial designer.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to join a company with big ambitions and global reach. We are seeking someone with proven ability and experience from working on live projects. This role has career advancement potential and the opportunity to work on great products with recognised brands.
As a industrial designer, you will work on projects for a broad range of international clients. You will be expected to contribute to various phases of the product development process, applying your knowledge of beautiful form and usability to conceptualise and develop innovative product solutions to a high level of design excellence.
Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years industrial design experience within a studio or in-house. Relevant experience in nursery/juvenile products would be advantageous but not essential.
• Proven ability to execute and deliver projects into the market.
• sketch ability with a portfolio displaying your talent.
• Expertise in creating compelling and visually pleasing concepts.
• Understanding of mass-manufacturing processes and their limitations.
• Strong Solidworks 3D CAD skills (solid/surface design tools)
• Knowledge of Keyshot (or similar) rendering software.
• Sensitivity to CMF
• Ability to think conceptually and share ideas clearly and quickly through a variety of medium.
• Ambition and drive to take charge and manage projects.
• An inquisitive and innovative mind, ready to challenge and question to bring clarity to complex design briefs.
• A team player, ready to share in the demands of a small business.
• Willingness to support and develop the skills of the junior design team members.
• Must be a UK resident or possess an EU working visa
• Valid passport and a willingness to travel overseas as and when a project requires.
• Clean driving license and independent means of transport is essential due to our rural location.
• A strong degree in Industrial / Product Design
Competitive, dependent on experience.