This role is based in Dallas, TX and offers a 3 days in office/2 days remote hybrid set up.
KidKraft new hires must be fully vaccinated and provide proof prior to start date.
When you work at KidKraft, you're going to feel like a kid again at some point. After all, we are a toy company! We take our jobs seriously, but we aim to incorporate a little fun into our everyday. Brain breaks can consist of some you time in our free on-site gym to themed happy hours or field trips. We nosh on delicious ice cream and gourmet coffee offered in office, and we love to celebrate birthdays in a big way. Yep, we're pretty spoiled! We have good hearts too - Volunteering for organizations that focus on helping and encouraging children is a common thread that ties us back to what's important—making each kid's life a little more magical.
The Industrial/Toy Designer has 2+ years of experience working with a creative team. They are a highly conceptualized thinker who is flexible in thought and design practice, with an ability to adapt to changing creative priorities. They thrive on new challenges and love working in a collaborative fast-paced team environment. They play an integral part in brainstorming ideas, creating drawings for concepts, fabricating prototypes, and preparing structural deliverables for product development.
• Produce innovative designs with an eye on market trends
• Collaborate with team and provide creative input in group brainstorming sessions and design reviews
• Ability to quickly conceptualize ideas, exceptional sketching and visualizing skills
• Expertly create and modify 3D model drawings in SolidWorks software
• Interact effectively with the design team, sales, engineering, and others in the development of new products
• Research market for trending attributes including colors, materials, finishes, and textures
• Knowledge of human factors and ergonomics with an understanding of consumer’s needs and user behavior
• Fabricate product prototypes for concept approval
• Support and manage all phases of design to ensure projects run smoothly and target dates are met
• Other duties as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, and 2+ years of work experience
• SolidWorks experience is required – Assemblies and Drawings
• Must be self-motivated, with strong problem-solving skills, a keen design sensibility, and a high attention to detail
• Must be highly organized: Ability to deliver top quality work in a fast-paced, open team environment, while working on multiple projects in varying levels of development
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, and basic engineering principles
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities under tight deadlines which may require some late nights
• Must have prototype shop experience (3D printer, table saw, band saw, drill press, belt sander)
• Able to cleanly and precisely do product mock-ups (good hand skills w/an x-acto knife)
• Ability to interact with employees at all levels, including comfort with communicating with executives around designs during line reviews