About the Team
We are a cross-disciplinary team of industrial and CMF designers, CAD modelers, engineers, production technicians, marketing and branding specialists dedicated to shape the future of Alpine Sports Equipment.
Based in Annecy, French Alps, Salomon gained significant recognition in the outdoor sports industry through its innovative approach to manufacturing and product design. We make gear that transforms sports experiences, elevates skiing performance and comfort.
We owe a unique specialist knowledge within our workshops equipped with material testing equipment, high precision cnc and injection machines, laser and water jet cutters, industrial sewing machines, material librarie and multi 3D printers available for research and development.
As part of the team, we go on the field to test concepts on snow and brand-new alpine ski equipment.
Who we are looking for?
The Salomon Design team is looking for an enthusiastic and talented student for a 6 months paid internship experience from January 2024. You will be closely working in an early stage startup with designers to shape the future of ski boots.
- The candidate should have an eye for details and a strong passion in conceptual thinking and visual design.
- Interpreting 3D Design models and 2D sketches and translate them into Surface design through NX, Creo, Rhino or Blender software.
- Creating complex and high-quality digital surfaces from envisioning concepts to development stages.
- Skills on advanced parametric texture is a plus.
- Working in tandem with the engineering department and designers to ensure designs integrate in line with engineering constraints.
- Making use of visualization software to present and promote the ideation, supporting designers, whilst maintaining a flexible approach.
- Pro-actively looking into new technology (software & hardware).
- Spoken and written English, French is a big plus.
What can you expect?
Our internship program focuses on creatives in education and on their placement year, or emerging designers after graduation. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Salomon by including them in projects that are critical to their team’s success.
The company welcomes a large community of international interns with a great network to take part in multi-sport activities and other events around Annecy.
1. Email us an introduction to yourself with a resume and portfolio.
2. Please write ‘Internship - CAD Designer/Modeler’ in your subject for the email.
3. All attachments must be in total under 10MB.