We are actively seeking a Junior Industrial Designer. As a core member of level’s growing ID studio, the Junior ID will be tasked with a diverse and dynamic set of responsibilities, including concept development and execution for client projects as well as building the level portfolio through competition and conceptual work. In addition to ID contribution, the Junior ID will help to create a positive studio atmosphere and culture at level. The Junior ID reports directly to the Founders.
- Creating original and appropriate design work for level and its clients
- Communicate and present design issues with level's clients' personnel and vendors
- level presentation work: rendering, image gathering, PowerPoint, supervising model-shop and photographer
- 3D CAD (Alias 3D / Rhino 3D / SolidWorks) + Photoshop: 3D geometry, rendering and adjustment of renderings
- 2D Skills: 2D Photoshop, Illustrator, (InDesign), PowerPoint, hand sketching, etc.
- Basic model-shop skills: rough foam models and 3D printer set-up and clean-up
- Assist in promotional activities - level PR/WEB work, as needed
- Keeping things in order: model-shop, archive design work and general office tasks and ‘tidiness’
- Proactive, positive and pleasant work attitude while working at level.
- Experience in a creative studio environment
- Ability to create or learn new processes
- Ability to learn new web-based applications
- Proficient in Google web-based applications, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Friendly, open-minded demeanor and attitude
- Open to new challenges and solutions
- Exceptional attention to detail, excellent follow-through
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced creative setting
- Self-directed, proactive, able to work efficiently and effectively
REQUIRED EDUCATION, LICENSES OR CERTIFICATIONS
- Bachelors Degree in Industrial Design
San Francisco, CA