Junior/Mid-weight Industrial Designer at HUAWEI
Huawei is looking for talented Industrial Designers with 1 to 5 years’ experience to join its Design Team in Kings Cross.
Who we are
• We’re the London Design Studio of global consumer electronics manufacturer Huawei. Our studio is a compact and fast-moving team of industrial designers based in the well-connected and vibrant Kings Cross area.
• We work on operational and future-oriented projects across a variety of product domains: consumer audio, wearables, smartphones, transportation, etc.
• We are looking to add a talented innovation-oriented industrial designer to the team.
• 1 to 5 years of experience in producing high quality work in-house or in a consultancy environment, with a focus on consumer electronics.
• Proficient in 3D surfacing (Rhino), 3D rendering (Keyshot, Blender), as well as hand-sketching.
• You have a keen understanding of social and design trends (colors, materials, contemporary fashion…).
• A good knowledge of material technologies and manufacturing processes; a basic understanding of product engineering (electronics, mechanics…); and an interest in new technologies.
• Have a solid capacity for critical thought, information synthesis and problem-solving.
• A high level of self-motivation and initiative, and an eagerness to learn and work collaboratively.
• Candidates will need to be based in the UK, or have the right to live and work in the country.
• Create meaningful, strong and innovative concepts that pioneer markets and champion user needs.
• Develop 3D models of high complexity and sophistication that are both aesthetically accurate and technically feasible.
• Participate in team design reviews, share professional opinions and inputs.
• Pro-actively seek for ways to create value for the company and its customers.
Apply via the link below by sending us CV, portfolio and a short statement about your motivations for working at Huawei. Please use “Industrial Designer” as email subject. We will consider all applications and contact selected candidates.
Privacy Notice - Through applying for this position you agree to our privacy notice. For further details please follow the link below;