Department: Digital Marketing (Marketing)
Location: New York, NY
The PCA Group of Companies is a fully vertically integrated, tech-enabled, and truly omnichannel global distribution company for the worldwide beauty and wellness sector. Led by the founding family for over 30 years, our 1500-person team supports multichannel distribution to 150+ countries. Through our interwoven set of capabilities — investments, logistics, retail strategy, and marketing, among others — we empower our clients to cut through the noise in an increasingly saturated global market.
As a Junior UX/UI Designer, you will play a critical role in helping create and maintain useful, delightful, intuitive user-centered designs for brand and e-commerce websites across the beauty / wellness / personal care industries. The Junior UX/IX Designer role reports to and supports the Creative Lead / Lead UX/UI Designer. The Junior UX/UI Designer will also closely collaborate within our creative team and cross-functionally with IT/Engineering, Digital Marketing, Client Services, and others.
This role is a hybrid role. The Junior UX/UI Designer would need to be available to come to either our NYC or Long Island office 2 to 3 times per week.
- Support UX process phases, from ideation through usability testing, helping create, manage and deploy responsive designs across mobile, desktop and tablet
- Support Lead UX/UI Designer in all UX/UI creative and production efforts (ideation, information architecture, wireframing, responsive design build out, prototyping and usability testing)
- Occasionally own or lead technical page design and production in support of overarching product/site direction
- Occasionally own or lead upfront research and synthesis efforts including but not limited to user interviews, competitive and comparative research, persona and customer journey definition
- Work closely with the creative team on a daily basis; frequently partner across the larger organization (Digital Marketing, Client Services, IT/Engineering, etc.) to understand customer and business needs, informing UX strategy and decisions
- Interface with external clients as necessary, supporting collaboration, ideation and presenting design recommendations
- Organize and maintain UX and creative asset libraries per client or project
- BFA or BA in UX/IU, Interaction or Human Centered Design or related field; or comparable professional experience and certifications
- Deep familiarity with UX / user-centered design concepts and methodologies
- Genuine interest in all UX process phases, from research to usability testing
- Ability to translate opportunities and requirements into design solutions
- Process-driven; loves to work iteratively and is open to feedback and constantly improving a design
- Design detail oriented - is obsessed with pixel-perfect designs, particularly in dev hand-off
- Experienced with Figma (Principle a plus)
- Experienced with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop; AfterEffects a plus)
- Has a strong design portfolio that demonstrates creativity, execution processes and technical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a rationale for design decisions to senior leadership or clients
- Strong time management skills with the ability be flexible and prioritize across multiple projects
- Self-starter and natural team player, comfortable working autonomously
- Love of user research and interest in growing and crafting that skill
- UX writing skills or an interest in learning
- Experience working with Dev/Engineering teams, collaborating during the hand-off and build process, and performing detailed QA
- Experience in with beauty and fragrance industries
- Familiarity working with brand and content strategy, how it translates and operationalizes across digital channels, and an understanding of web marketing strategy in complement to other digital marketing (paid and organic media, email marketing, etc.)
Salary commensurate upon experience (approx $70,000.00-$80,000.00)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. The PCA Group of Companies recognizes and values the benefits of a diverse workforce.