Logitech is looking for a passionate and highly collaborative Lead Industrial Designer to join our ID Team in Hsinchu, Taiwan. We are in search of an Industrial Designer with an outstanding design portfolio and deep experience in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering and User Experience.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about designing next generation products and services and comfortable tackling all aspects of the design process -- from user research to physical and physical and digital prototyping to telling a project story to the key stakeholders within the business group.
Why is this role important for Logitech?
We work differently here at Logitech – we design highly polished, human centered, branded, future forward experiences across both digital and physical touch points. We prototype to learn, we design to inspire, and we ship real products that people love to use. The Design Team’s charter is to design world-class, end-to-end experiences that are branded consumer experiences, embracing Design Excellence.
Once you are here you will:
• Collaborate with designers with different backgrounds such as interaction designers, engineers, design researchers and other industrial designers to develop a holistic design for our business group.
• Design and craft thoughtful solutions to human problems across a range of product experiences.
• You will play an active role in our internal Design Team and be part of an eclectic mix of great designers and craftspeople in an international environment. We are looking for a thought leader and conceptual thinker that is never satisfied with the status quo.
Be Yourself. Be Open. Stay Hungry and Humble. Collaborate. Challenge. Decide and just Do. These are the behaviors you’ll need for success at Logitech. In this role you will:
• Craft the future products and experiences of Logitech
• Work in a highly collaborative, multidisciplinary environment
• Lead all phases of the design thinking process from conceptual, to strategic, to tactical, to implementation
• Craft beautiful details, while keeping the bigger picture in mind, and vice versa
• Collaborate with and inspiring Business and Product Leads
• Provide team leadership with the ability to run projects with little support
• Provide support in the development of internal skills and tools to help the team stay at the forefront of our field
• Mentor other Industrial Designers at level I, II and Interns
• Occasionally travel overnight nationally and internationally
For consideration, you must bring the following minimum skills and behaviors to our team:
• Lives, breathes, and loves design
• Passionate design thinker and craftsperson
• 7+ years of relevant experience in Industrial Design or Mechanical Product Design Engineering
• Exhibit deep industrial design and mechanical engineering craft skills
• Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
• Strong portfolio of cutting edge design that proves not only solid design skills but forward thinking
• Understand latest CE technologies and manufacturing processes and how to best implement them
• Physical-digital design experience
• Hands-on model making experience and skills
• Excellent skills in ideation, concept visualization, form development, CAD, model making and rapid prototyping
• Experience defining Materials, Colors and Finishes, Optimizing Design for Manufacturing, Review Protos, EVT and DVT builds
• Excellent 2D and 3D skills: fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite and 3D such as Rhinoceros, Alias, SolidWorks, ProE and KeyShot
• Highly driven and proactive self-starter - taking on a task without much context and driving it through
• Believes in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary design environment – not waterfall
• Excellent communication skills sharing your design thinking, presenting to all levels of co-workers throughout all stages of design
• Willingness to take direction and learn from others
• Optimistic outlook - we are creating the future after all Education
• Requires a BS in Industrial Design/Product Design/Mechanical Engineering or a related degree from an accredited college or university or equivalent experience
Logitech is the sweet spot for people who are passionate about products, making a mark, and having fun doing it. As a company, we’re small and flexible enough for every person to take initiative and make things happen. But we’re big enough in our portfolio, and reach, for those actions to have a global impact. That’s a pretty sweet spot to be in and we’re always striving to keep it that way.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.”