Who We Are | Our Culture:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure connects energy systems and buildings to adapt and evolve the way we live and work through high-profile construction and infrastructure projects such as airports, pharmaceutical plants, data centers, stadiums, universities, military bases, and hospitals.
We live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
About Charging-As-A-Service (CaaS)
CAAS is redefining the EV charging market for private and public fleets, including autonomous driving fleets, transit bus agencies, and municipal and private fleets. We are building the next level of charging as a service, taking complete ownership and control of the charging infrastructure, the scheduling of the vehicles, the cloud platform, and the utility meter – in order to provide the highest availability and resilience in the market. In this way, we will accelerate the adoption of electric-powered fleets by optimizing the delivery of power and making refueling seamless and efficient.
In a high-powered application like fast vehicle charging, the difference between controlled, optimally balanced vs unrestrained EV charging could be 3x in cost from your local utility. Even more importantly, EV fleets, particularly when part of critical and close to real-time business processes (for example, autonomous fleets), need to be scheduled for charging in specific time intervals. By taking control of the utility meter, and optimizing EV charge rate and vehicle process flow, CAAS provides the lowest cost of electric fueling possible in each depot location or in-route stops.
Our approach is to offer charging as a service that is unique in the industry. We offer our customers a per mile driven or per kWh usage rate. CAAS provides the bulk of the upfront capital expenditures associated with the charging platform.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
In the role of Lead Product Designer, you will lead the charge, building the connective thread that enables product and engineering teams to rapidly design and build a consistent user experience and interface across our platform by providing: components, frameworks, documentation, and tooling. This is a position that will have a huge impact on how our brand manifests in our products. In this role. you will be charged with owning and building a design experience, system, and its ongoing curation from the ground up. You will be encouraged in bringing practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship to less experienced designers.
This individual will work closely with executives, product management, and the engineering teams in executing the product vision to industry-leading customer experience.
- Create innovative and creative design solutions that turn complexities into elegant, efficient user experiences
- Be a steward of great product design by ensuring solutions set high visual and interaction design quality standards
- Contribute to product vision and strategy resulting in emotionally engaging and easy-to-use experiences
- Own the design systems roadmap for the product suite
- Drive the evolution of visual language and interaction pattern library
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and other designers to ensure designs drive desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Manage implementation of the design system across the product ecosystem
- Design and define interaction patterns through components, documentation, and prototypes
- Work with developers to maintain and create new components for our library
- Participate in user research and testing as needed to ensure usability and product consistency
- Create work that scales and flexes across a variety of audiences, abilities, devices, and platforms
- Specify and maintain our core principles in visual style, typography, spacing, motion, and interaction models
- Reinforce consistency and coherence across our design system, and identify areas for improvements
- Build and maintain documentation for the design system that enables teams to use the design system
- As we grow and hire, mentor, and groom less experienced designers while evangelizing design practices and find opportunities to elevate confidence in our work across the larger company
- A portfolio demonstrating: shipment of multiple products successfully; strong skills in applying interaction design patterns to solve complex workflows, as well as in visual design, information hierarchy, layout, composition, and typography
- Expert understanding of visual systems and best practices, including layout, iconography, and typography and have a curiosity and eye for pushing visual design in interfaces forward
- Experience in leading product design from opportunity development, to the concept, to shipment
- Strong Facilitation skills in leading groups through brainstorming and decision-making processes
- Proven ability to communicate deep design thinking at all levels of the organization
- Experience designing for web applications but the design needs to be omnipresence compatible across digital platforms
- Strong prototyping experience at multiple levels of fidelity and helped elevate prototyping skills and utilization across your teams in the past
- The ability to design and document user flows and design components at a system level
- Ability to lead small-scale user research initiatives and translate insights into actions
- Bachelor's degree in Interaction Design, industrial design, Product Design, service design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent experience
- Where permitted by applicable law, Siemens may require employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 based on job requirements, and in accordance with an accommodation based on legally protected reasons
- Experience in the EV Charging domain is highly desired
- Competitive salary based on qualifications
- Health, dental, and vision plans
- Matching 401(k) up to 6%
- Flexible vacation plan
- Paid parental leave
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time