- Job Level / Field : Senior/ industrial designer (Requires 7-15 years of hands on experience in Product design)
- Functions: Product design and development
LG Electronics Design Europe (LGEDE) is searching for creative and insightful industrial design talents. You will be taking part of strategic and active design team at LGEDE in Slough. LGEDE work closely with product planning, marketing and design headquarter in Korea to create and optimize design led innovation. We employ user-experience smart design approach in order to achieve design excellence, build our brand, ensure usability and experience. LGEDE is responsible for defining the physical and user experience design of LGE’s wide range of products. We conceive and design current roadmap products and conceptualize of future scenarios of market opportunity in advance.
We work in a fast paced dynamic product development environment and collaborate with internal mechanical engineering.
The ideal candidate must have a highly creative portfolio that demonstrates solid product development background, with outstanding design skills and meet following requirement.
- Great sense of form and proportion
- Creative problem solving
- Must have very strong conceptual/ sketching communication skills
- Understanding and demonstrated implementation of design language and identity
- Experience in consumer electronics is a plus
- Experience in CMF development and process
- 2D Rendering (Photoshop / Illustrator)
- 3D Modeling / Rendering (Pro-E / Rhino / Solidworks etc.) – Pro-E experience is a plus
- Required BS/BA or BFA in industrial design
- Minimum of 7 years of experience
- Self-motivated with a high level of responsibility and professionalism
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate within a team environment
- Ability to lead projects and inspire other designers
- Exceptional communication skills
- Energetic and adopting cross culture (Travel 20% ~ 30%)
How to apply...
Please submit our portfolio and CV showing design ability. You will be judged on the presentation of your portfolio. Your portfolio must help the hiring team understand if you meet the requirements listed above.
(Application deadline: October 6, 2014)