LIXIL Water Technology Group globally combines the expertise and offerings of LIXIL Group’s worldwide sanitary ware business with the purpose of providing water technology solutions to improve people’s lives around the world, every day, as a new global market leader with unrivaled expertise and breadth with the potential to grow up to three times the market growth. LIXIL Water Technology Group will be the largest platform in the international sanitary ware market with sales of about USD 6 billion, some 30,000 employees, sales offices across 150 markets and around 50 production facilities worldwide. The existing brands are GROHE, American Standard Brands and LIXIL/INAX.
American Standard Asia Pacific is looking for an extremely talented and passionate Lead Industrial Designer to join its expanding team and be part of a true global organization. The Lead Industrial Designer will be responsible for the creation of innovative bathroom concepts, products, experiences, services and human interfaces through the mastery of the design process within the New Product Development community. The position is located at the new American Standard Asia Pacific Design Studio in Bangkok.
American Standard is part of the LIXIL Water Technology Group (LWTG), which integrates the worldwide sanitary ware business of the LIXIL Group, including the GROHE Group and American Standard Brands. The company has been providing homes with quality bathroom products for over a century. Every product is sourced with the best raw materials, equipped with the latest technology and manufactured in state-of-the-art facilities.
- Create and develop innovative, thoughtful and culturally sensitive design solutions on both roadmap and advanced concept projects.
- Research into design, social and technological trends as well as consumer segments, and market competitors to inspire the organization and guide your design directions
- Create outstanding presentation deliverables that may include research summaries, sketches, user scenarios, high-quality renderings, and appearance models
- Build CAD models of intended design directions for the creation of prototypes or to communicate design intent to engineering teams
- Collaborate and lead fellow designers, engineers, and manufacturing partners to identify opportunities, solve design issues, and preserve design intent throughout the projects
- Provide support in the development of internal skills and tools to help the team stay at the forefront of the design field
- Develop and mentor junior staff
- A Bachelor’s degree in Product Design
- 10+ years experience of living and working in Asia designing consumer products from concepts all the way to tooling and production
- A strong portfolio of cutting edge designs that proves not only solid design skills but forward thinking
- Excellent skills in ideation, concept visualization, form development, CAD, model making and rapid prototyping
- The ability to rapidly explore a wide variety of styling options: forms, colors, finishes, materials
- A flexibility and adaptability of approach, focused on finding a workable solution to every problem
- An extensive knowledge of materials, manufacturing and engineering processes
- Strong sketching skills, both hand-drawn and digital (Wacom Tablet experience required)
- Digital proficiency in the use of 2D and 3D tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, SolidWorks, ProE, Rhinoceros and Keyshot.
- A passion for design, technology, and an active lifestyle
- A team-oriented, positive and constructive attitude
- A strong ability to speak and write in English
Please send an email with your CV along with a Portfolio with samples of your work (including sketches) in English language as a pdf-file (file size should not exceed 8 MB)