Requirements and Skills
• 3-5+ years of experience* with a degree in Industrial Design (*This is required, applicants with less than 3 years of experience will NOT be considered)
• Ability to develop relevant and inspiring design solutions
• Advanced 3D modeling and visualization skills (Studio Tools, Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot)
• Inspiring 2D skills via sketching, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, both hard and soft goods
• A fresh, original portfolio of diverse creative work
• A self-managing, motivated and entrepreneurial nature
• Ability to work collaboratively with development teams
• Understanding of global trends, technology and fashion
• Strong, unique, communication and visualization skills
• "Expert" at ping pong and Foosbal
l • Sense of humor
• Positive outlook
We are located in Santa Barbara, California and serve a diverse international clientele. Lifestyledesign offers the perfect balance for those looking to work on exciting products for leading brands while being surrounded by beauty, great weather and lots of easily accessible outdoor activities like surfing, mountain biking, hiking etc. The sky is the limit regarding opportunity and salary is commensurate with experience and value. Additionally we offer premium medical and disability insurance.
Lifestyledesign, established in 2002, guides leading brands in a variety of categories including: Fashion and lifestyle, personal electronics, furniture, wearable technology, lifestyle accessories, consumer electronics, action sports, and soft goods.
Our customers include: Flow, Arbor, Dragon, The House of Marley, Zeal, Bern, Reef, Deckers, Teva, Serengeti, Bolle, Zeal, 100%, Klipsch, Rockford Fosgate, Iconix, Harman International, Plantronics, Altec Lansing, Soul Electronics, Bushnell, Coleman, GSI Outdoors, Thomson, Case Logic, Jaybird, Forms and Surfaces, Janus et Cie, Brown Jordan, Mark Levinson, Patagonia and many other great lifestyle brands.
International candidates MUST hold a valid US working Visa - We will NOT consider candidates without a valid US working Visa