Are you tired of the corporate grind or of working in dull product categories?
Do you want to work in a fun and energetic environment that is laidback and non-corporate?
Exciting projects and great clients await you here at Lifestyledesign in sunny Santa Barbara, CA.
We are looking for experienced, talented, highly fashionable, keenly aware and detail driven design professionals with a proven track record of success to become a part of our diverse and creative team. Our success stems from our passion for world class design, our easy going personalities and our ability to crush deadlines both individually and as teams. We are looking for someone who possesses this drive and set of social skills.
Are you right for the job?
The ideal candidate should have a solid history of creating persuasive and impactful design solutions that comes from at least 3 to 5 years of experience in Industrial Design. A degree is required, as well as the ability to visualize coolness with ease and communicate ideas beautifully through crafted and emotionally engaging presentations utilizing 2D and 3D CAD.
Requirements and Skills
• 3-5+ years of experience with a degree in Industrial Design
• Ability to develop relevant and inspiring design solutions
• Advanced 3D modeling and visualization skills (Studio Tools, Rhino, Solidworks, Keyshot )
• Inspiring 2D skills via sketching, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc.
• Knowledge of manufacturing processes, both hard and soft goods
• A fresh, original portfolio of diverse creative work
• A self-managing, motivated and entrepreneurial nature
• Ability to work collaboratively with development teams
• Understanding of global trends, technology and fashion
• Strong, unique, communication and visualization skills
• "Expert" at ping pong and Foosball
• Sense of humor
• Positive outlook
We are located in Santa Barbara, California and serve a diverse international clientele. Lifestyledesign offers the perfect balance for those looking to work on exciting products for leading brands while being surrounded by beauty, great weather and lots of easily accessible outdoor activities like surfing, mountain biking, hiking etc. The sky is the limit regarding opportunity and salary is commensurate with experience and value. Additionally we offer premium medical and disability insurance.
Lifestyledesign, established in 2002, guides leading brands in a variety of categories including: Fashion and lifestyle, personal electronics, furniture, wearable technology, lifestyle accessories, consumer electronics, action sports, and soft goods. Our customers include: Flow, Arbor, Dragon, The House of Marley, Zeal, Bern, Reef, Deckers, Teva, Serengeti, Bolle, Zeal, 100%, Klipsch, Rockford Fosgate, Iconix, Harman International, Plantronics, Altec Lansing, Soul Electronics, Bushnell, Coleman, GSI Outdoors, Thomson, Case Logic, Jaybird, Forms and Surfaces, Janus et Cie, Brown Jordan, Mark Levinson, Patagonia and many other great lifestyle brands.
To apply, please send your resume, portfolio and/or links to your work.
Make sure to include the Job Title in the Subject.
Not to exceed 5 megabytes please.
Applicants must be able to work in the US