Design the Future
At Steelcase, we believe the places where people work, really matter. Great places can inspire, accelerate innovation, enhance wellbeing and connect people to each other and to the purpose of their organization. By studying how people work and by bringing human insights to the places where they work, we help organizations to achieve a higher level of performance.
We’d like to invite you to design the future with us.
In the Spring of 2017, we opened a new Learning + Innovation center in one of the most inspiring cities in Europe – Munich. And you’re invited. We’d like to invite you to become a member of our Steelcase team. Work for a global leader in one of the most inspiring places we’ve ever created.
Because we believe in the power of place in shaping human behavior, we design new places and update existing ones in order to represent -- and transform -- how we work and how we create things. Steelcase also believes innovation is the key to future competitiveness, and so we are in the process of creating the new Learning + Innovation Center that will reinforce our desire to be a global, insight-driven company. This place will not only foster our company’s innovation, it will be a place to host customers, architects, designers and others who come to collaborate around innovation, or who wish to explore some of the emerging ideas around how space might be used.
For our Steelcase Studio location in Munich we are looking for a talented Senior Interior Designer to provide applications & visualization design services.
Design at Steelcase leverages user research and a unique insight to develop compelling solutions, unlocking human promise wherever work happens. For our new Learning and Innovation Center in Munich, we are looking for curious and hands-on Senior Interior Designers who are passionate about furniture, technology, the future of work, and are impacting architecture.
The Munich Learning and Innovation Center will be a key node for our multi-disciplinary global design and development team. Continuous collaboration across geographies and time zones means we require excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as an open mind. We iterate fast and our process is all about making, visualizing, prototyping and demonstrating ideas to enable desirable user experiences.
We are looking for designers, thinkers and makers with an entrepreneurial attitude and a broad aesthetic sensibility, stretching from the scale of architecture to the intimate space. We appreciate diversity and are curious about how your unique personal interests will enrich our community.
The mission :
Design thinking, understanding and articulating user insights, communicating and visualizing thinking process, fast iterative prototyping, 3D modeling and visualization, collaboration across time zones and cultures, storytelling and concept presentations, driving projects forward and leading project streams, helping others to become better
• Have a strong portfolio demonstrating a clear design process and different approaches to problem solving.
• Are highly empathetic, able to research design problems and synthesize insights as part of cross-functional teams.
• Present design direction in clear and compelling frameworks, also to non-designers.
• Have an intuitive sense of complex systems and an eye for detail.
• Are very curious and constantly feeding your intellectual and visual curiosities.
• Are comfortable expressing your point of view in a highly collaborative environment.
• Work quickly and effectively through concept explorations.
• Responsible for accomplishing all phases of design architecture projects from inception to typical layouts and renderings.
• Proficient in Auto CAD, Sketch-up, and Adobe Creative Suite
• Fluency in English required. French or German highly advantageous. Other European languages is a plus as well.
• Willing to travel in the region and internationally.
• Bachelor degree or higher in interior design and/or architecture.
• Extensive hands-on design experience in related discipline.
• Familiarity designing work spaces not a must but an advantage.
• Experience and ability to work in all phases of architectural project: programming through to construction administration.
To learn more about our available positions in Munich, please visit http://www.steelcase.com/eu-en/discover/steelcase/careers/munich/
Learning + Innovation Center Munich
In order to foster collaboration and accelerate innovation, our new European Innovation
Center in the center of Munich will bring together over 150 people involved in research,
design, marketing and support functions. From here we will drive new product development in the European, Middle East and African (EMEA) region.
The design of the new space will reflect Steelcase’s latest research around collaboration and innovation, with the main objective of increasing innovation and the impact of product development.
“Steelcase believes innovation is the key to future competitiveness and our people are the key to innovation,” says Jim Keane, President and CEO, Steelcase Inc. “Companies have an obligation to invest in the ongoing development of employees and this space will host learning opportunities for our employees in the region.”