Senior and middle-weight Industrial designer at LAYER
London, United Kingdom
LAYER is an innovative and creative strategic design agency, delivering experience driven design for both the physical and digital worlds across the globe. We are currently seeking Senior and middleweight industrial designers with a minimum of 4 years industry experience to join our growing London studio.
Who we are
LAYER is a fast-growing studio that partners with the world’s most forward-thinking brands – including Nike, Samsung, Braun, BMW, Fritz Hansen, and Herman Miller. We create products that will help define the way we live, work, travel and communicate in the future, from smart wearables and furniture systems, to the next generation of media and communication devices. Visit http://layerdesign.com/ to see some of our recent award-winning projects.
What we offer
• A progressive approach to personal development and growth within the studio. We encourage all team members to take ownership over projects and to pursue ongoing learning. This role offers the opportunity for the right person to grow into a key senior position at LAYER.
• We work globally with some of the most exciting brands in the world. Team members have the opportunity to attend international client meetings and design fairs.
• We encourage a strong team culture at LAYER, which includes regular team social events.
• Our team is close-knit, highly talented and international, comprising people from the UK, Portugal, Germany, France, Sweden, India, US and Australia.
• Our contemporary studio space is a 3,500 square foot warehouse in the heart of east London designed by LAYER, and featuring a range of flexible working and socialising zones. We are in close proximity to public transport (overground, tube and bus) and all the amenities of London Fields and Hackney.
Who we’re looking for
Our experience-driven approach to projects requires a diverse range of skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The successful applicant will be a proactive person with a positive attitude keen to become an integral team member. The role will enable the designer to have creative freedom and lead industrial design projects with global brands from the studio in the heart of Hackney, London.
Fluency in English is a prerequisite – other languages beneficial.
A minimum of four years industry experience is essential.
• Strategic direction
• Project management
• Concept generation; Good sketching and communication abilities
• Design development; 2D (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign),
• Design development ; 3D (3D modeling and rendering)
• Design for production; Good knowledge of production processes and materials
• The candidate should be efficient with their time and be prepared to join an extremely fast-paced environment
• 3D Studio Max
Please include all of the following. If any part of the application is missing, your application will not be considered.
1. Email a cover letter, cv and portfolio to [email protected]
2. Please write ‘Industrial design application’ in your subject for the email and address the email to ELLIOTT KOEHLER.
3. All attachments must be in PDF format and in total under 3MB
4. We are not looking for architects or interior designers at this time.
5. Due to the volume of applications we can only reply to successful candidates – please do not follow up your application by email or phone; rest assured we review all portfolios received and will contact all applicants that fit our needs.