JMDA is an award-winning British product design consultancy focused on innovative design and engineering excellence. We are specialists in the design of child restraint systems (C.R.S.) and many of our clients are within the juvenile industry.
This is a unique opportunity for a talented, motivated individual to join a company with big ambitions and global reach. We are seeking someone with proven ability and experience working on live projects. This role has career advancement potential and the opportunity to work on great projects with recognised brands and manufacturers.
As an industrial designer, you will work on projects for a broad range of international clients. You will be expected to contribute to various phases of the product development process, applying your knowledge of beautiful form and usability to conceptualise and develop innovative product solutions to a high level of design excellence.
Skills and Experience:
• 5+ years industrial design experience within a studio or in-house
• Proven ability to execute and deliver projects into the market
• Outstanding sketch ability with a portfolio displaying your talent
• Demonstratable skill at creating visually compelling concepts
• Understanding of mass-manufacturing processes and their limitations
• Exceptional CAD skills (ideally Solidworks)
• World class attention to detail
• Able to take charge and manage projects, timelines and client communication
• A team player, ready to share in the demands of a small business
• Willingness to support and develop the skills of the younger design team members
• Must be a UK resident or possess an EU working visa
• Valid passport and a willingness to travel overseas as and when a project requires
• Clean driving license and own means of transport is essential due to our rural location.
• A degree in Industrial / Product Design
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio (PDF) to email@example.com
Salary dependent on experience.