Founded in 2015 by James Melia, Blond is an award-winning, strategy-led, London-based, creative studio that believes in conscious design. We work globally across many industries, including; technology, furniture, sustainable design, consumer electronics and consumer goods.
We create physical products, spaces and experiences for a range of clients; both large and small, from the world-leading brands to ambitious and disruptive start-ups. We offer these partners the full package, to include; industrial design, graphics, branding, UX and UI, packaging and visualisation (CGI).
We are looking for a Middle-weight Industrial Designer to join our fast-growing team.
You will be an integral part of the studio and be exposed to all aspects of a design project, being involved in every stage of the process, from research to strategy, ideation to visualization.
- Collaborating with both internal and client teams
- Support of the design team, reporting directly to the Creative Director
- Participation in ideation sessions
- Both desktop and field research
- CAD and visualization
Skills and Attributes (required)
- Three to five years of industry experience (recent graduates considered)
- Strong administrative and organisational skills
- Creativity and innovation-focused
- Strong CAD skills; ideally, including Rhino (3D) and Adobe (2D)
- Strong understanding of rendering programs (Ideally Keyshot)
- Able to present work beautifully, with clarity
- Willingness to learn new computer programs
- Great communicator
- Willingness to take direction and learn from others
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English are Required
- A strong understanding of design for manufacture
- Interest to work across multiple sectors
- Excellent knowledge of design
- Able to work in the UK
Skills and Attributes (beneficial)
- Able to start immediately
- Ability to speak a language other than English
- Knowledge of Solidworks
- Knowledge of 3ds Max and V-Ray
- A love for dogs (we have a studio labrador)
- Vitality Health Insurance
Please note, applications that do not follow these steps will not be reviewed:
- Send a PDF copy of your CV and portfolio to [email protected]
- Please title the email: Blond Middle-weight Designer November 2021
- No Issuu or web-based portfolios please.
- PDF portfolio should be no larger than 15MB.
- No need to create a cover letter, please introduce yourself via email.
- Within the introduction email, please clearly state your availability.
Application deadline: 30th November 2021
Please note: due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reply to successful candidates.
Please submit applications using the apply link below or via email.