US: Superfantastic Berkeley, CA team within a superfantastic Scandinavian-American design agency.
YOU: Design strategist/UX-pert with 5+ years of experience and a strong portfolio of applying user-experience design practices and leading a team of creatives.
Design fundamentals (image, type, color) are part of your vocabulary, and Adobe Creative Suite, an extension of your being. You are excited about your job and are enthusiastic about joining a team and learning a lot, very quickly. In the wise words of our principal designer, “High ambition; small ego.” Other people might describe you as a positive, grounded and open-minded individual, as well as a truly superlative designer.
• Demonstrated leadership experience; successfully planning and executing projects in accordance with a phases and gates development process.
• Skill in understanding and synthesizing user needs/insights through methods like: contextual inquiry, persona development or participatory design.
• Skill in evaluating products using: heuristic reviews, formative and summative usability studies.
• Skill in developing industry-leading interaction designs. Experience creating low-fidelity software prototypes using popular software tools is a plus.
• Skill in applying ergonomic and anthropometric data to drive product improvements.
• Ability to develop cognitive models which translate to interaction touch points and flows
• Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• Motion graphics experience: prototyping interfaces and animations
• User experience knowledge
We are urgently looking to grow our team in the coming months. In other words: this is a real position that needs filling now!
The Colorful Language
Are you a digital design phenom? Do you experience the warm rush of endorphins building apps that come to life through design, visual details and animation. Are you looking to flex your creative muscle beyond one project? While working with generous and creative people of different backgrounds and interests?
We, Montaag, are looking to add a bright, digital designer to our Berkeley team. This is a fairly amazing opportunity to join a mixed group of preternaturally talented and smart (yet refreshingly down to earth) people, and work on a wide range of exciting projects with a varied clientele—from startups to large, innovation-friendly corporations.
Most immediately, you’d be working at the cutting edge of visual design, helping drive (hint, hint) the future of an industry that is in the midst of a complete paradigm shift.
We maintain a friendly, supportive, open atmosphere that encourages creativity, thoughtfulness, collaboration and growth as designers, and as people. In our studio, everyone contributes; no-one is a wallflower.
Some examples of what you’ll be doing as part of our team:
• Drive and plan design activities as part of a team within the product development processes.
• Create innovative user interaction designs for products and services
• Understand needs, behaviors and abilities and be an advocate for them throughout product development.
• Develop, conduct, and analyze usability studies; providing input and actionable recommendations to strategic partners.
• Collaborate with other human factors, interaction design, and usability specialists
• Collaborate with strategic partners to define roadmaps for user experience design and technology application.
Sound interesting? If so, submit your resume via the posted link, along with a link to your portfolio, and a small note with anything you think we ought to know about you. Although we’d love it if we could have a nice chat with you all, please refrain from calling the studio to inquire about the position or status of resume.
Thank you—we look forward to hearing forward to hearing from you!
Montaag is committed to equal employment opportunities. We do not consider an individual’s race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion or religious creed including dress and grooming, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or political affiliation in any employment decision.
Principals only; no recruiters, please.