US: Superfantastic Berkeley, CA team within a superfantastic Scandinavian-American design agency.
YOU: Interaction designer with 2+ years designing digital interfaces for world class brands.
Design fundamentals (image, type, color) are part of your vocabulary, and Adobe Creative Suite, an extension of your being. You are excited about your job and are enthusiastic about joining a team and learning a lot, very quickly. In the wise words of our principal designer, “High ambition; small ego.” Other people might describe you as a positive, grounded and open-minded individual, as well as a truly superlative designer.
• Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery.
• Produce user requirements specifications, personas, storyboards, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, project management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
• Visual design experience
• User experience knowledge
• Motion graphics experience (prototyping interfaces and animations)
• Design research experience
• Print and packaging knowledge
We are urgently looking to grow our team in the coming months. In other words: this is a real position that needs filling now!
The Colorful Language
Are you a digital design phenom? Do you experience the warm rush of endorphins building apps that come to life through design, visual details and animation. Are you looking to flex your creative muscle beyond one project? While working with generous and creative people of different backgrounds and interests?
We, Montaag, are looking to add a bright, digital designer to our Berkeley team. This is a fairly amazing opportunity to join a mixed group of preternaturally talented and smart (yet refreshingly down to earth) people, and work on a wide range of exciting projects with a varied clientele—from startups to large, innovation-friendly corporations.
Most immediately, you’d be working at the cutting edge of visual design, helping drive (hint, hint) the future of an industry that is in the midst of a complete paradigm shift.
We maintain a friendly, supportive, open atmosphere that encourages creativity, thoughtfullness, collaboration and growth as designers, and as people. In our studio, everyone contributes; no-one is a wallflower.
Some examples of projects you’ll be getting your hands on as part of our team:
· Mobility interfaces
· Design Research
· Websites and mobile apps
· Interfaces for consumer electronics
Sound interesting? If so, submit your resume via the link provided, along with a link to your portfolio, and a small note with anything you think we ought to know about you. Although we’d love it if we could have a nice chat with you all, please refrain from calling the studio to inquire about the position or status of resume.
Thank you—we look forward to hearing forward to hearing from you!
Montaag is committed to equal employment opportunities. We do not consider an individual’s race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion or religious creed including dress and grooming, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, or political affiliation in any employment decision.
Principals only; no recruiters, please.