We’re in the business of making. We invent category defining user experiences, products and services for the world’s most interesting brands. We are a reserved, highly selective studio built on a singular commitment to excellence. We are independent and march to the beat of our own drum.
At the heart of our work is the need to challenge the expected, confront accepted wisdom and push the boundaries of the possible. We are interaction designers, visual designers, materials scientists, digital engineers, biochemists, artists, designers, electronics experts, experience builders, taste-makers, iconoclasts, craftsmen (and women). Together, we make the stuff of tomorrow.
As Industrial Designer at Native you will be responsible for leading, under the direction of a Director, the creation, development, refinement, and documentation of innovative and compelling industrial design solutions that are inline with the design objectives and goals of Native, while understanding and achieving the needs of the client on each specific project.
You will be come involved in all stages of a project, including research, concept development and preparation of client presentations
· Main responsibilities will include supporting the business in all aspects of Industrial Design.
include but are not limited to:
· Taking a lead role in projects, from concept to execution and implementation, providing creative and technical leadership and direction for the project team.
· Developing a thorough understanding of the technical constraints of each project and successfully applying new technologies/solutions to innovate within these constraints.
· Translate client requests and business requirements into specification and tangible changes, while balancing the needs of the end-user.
· Develop modeling and visualizing skills within Native
When not engaged
in project work, you will seek tasks that add value, including:
· Keep up to date on emerging technologies, designs and usability research
· Maintaining the company asset library
· Maintaining and improving the file structure and organization on the server
· Researching new trends and developments relevant to other ongoing projects
· Develop and tutor junior colleagues to improve their 3D CAD and rendering skills.
· Always ensure that deadlines and requested deliverables are met to the highest level of quality, both for internal reviews and external presentations
· Always liaise with clients, suppliers and colleagues in a professional and mature manner
· Work result-oriented, always ensure the highest level of execution is delivered to the client and that work in progress can be shared at any time of the project
· Pro-actively push the level of quality in both thinking and execution, constantly come up with new ideas and ways of solving problems, even if project briefs are similar
· Consider the bigger picture and understand the overall context and requirements of each individual project
· Ensure that you and your teams work is always properly documented, stored and archived
· Ensure that team members working with you are utilized according to their skills and to their maximum potential
· Other tasks as assigned by MD, Directors, or COO