Packaging Design Team, Microsoft
The Packaging Design Department at Microsoft is looking for a dynamic Designer with 0-4 years professional experience in structural package design.
The ideal Candidate should have an industrial design background, structural packaging design knowledge and skills are a plus. Candidate must have demonstrated success in driving conceptual ideas from ideation to iteration, presentation to production; we’re looking for a builder, thinker, communicator and expansive creative who obsesses over perfect packaging and every detail involved therein. This Candidate will be working within an exceptional internal Packaging Design Team to deliver structural design solutions for major global product lines such as Xbox, Surface, Microsoft Hardware, Windows and Office.
The Packaging Team is a global, multidisciplinary team whose charter is to design market-defining premium packaging experiences that are innovative, excite consumers, embody the cutting edge nature of our devices and expound upon our packaging portfolio.
Our goal is to ensure full integration of brand, user interface and business strategy to create great packaging. As a member of the Design Team you will be participating in the generation, development and execution of packaging design solutions for all of Microsoft’s hardware products . This position will report directly into the Creative Director, Global Packaging Design.
This position will require an energetic, hands-on collaborative person who can independently ideate, create and socialize packaging design solutions in partnership with stakeholders, fellow Designers and Development team mates. Your creative ability to develop and deliver rich experience-led design solutions in collaboration with other designers, packaging engineers and cross-functional stakeholders is critical to success.
Experience / Skills Requirements
• 0 - 4 years professional experience in an agency / corporation conceptualizing, designing and delivering world class product experiences. Structural packaging experience is preferred.
• Customer-focused creative process background with proven ability to deliver design assets / solutions that align with a strategic brand and business vision(s)
• Ability to maintain and extend an established design language across multiple product lines and price points
• Comfortable with designing under tight/dynamic timelines and able to quickly problem solve with a maturity that maintains a positive team environment
• Experience working with overseas vendors, communicating intent, defining materials, and an understanding of the processes used in fabrication and assembly of high volume goods
• Confidence with 2D and 3D design visualization tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, Powerpoint, Solidworks, Keyshot)
• Experience with 2D dieline development (Artios CAD) a plus
• A strong portfolio demonstrating breadth and creativity of successful packaging and product design, experience with rapid prototyping tools and methods, and communicate a strong understanding of design and the creative process
• A personal commitment to quality, and attention to detail
• Willingness to learn, lead and inspire others