Paid General Creative Assistant Intern for a Luxury Furniture Company
As a passionate creative disciple, you know the power behind dynamic administrative design and development for company progression. Here’s your opportunity to take your creative talent to the next playing field: FBC London, a leading Luxury Furniture Company, are looking for a General Creative Assistant intern with key interests within the manufacture and design development of unique furniture, accessories and kitchen spaces. You will be involved within all aspects of the company, allowing for a great insight into the turn key approach of a busy inventive studio.
You will work closely with the sales, design and production teams contributing to the daily running of FBC London.
FBC London values our interns for their strong administrative and creative sensibility promoting their professional development during the term. Learn to meet daily, weekly, and long-term deadlines in a fast-paced environment:
- Researching new artists and designers which fit well within the brand
- Creating relationships with artists and designers – being part of the negotiation of lead-times or consignments
- Producing inspirational boards
- Knowledge of current colour & textural trends
- Assisting in orders placed for products and communicating with suppliers & team
- Assisting with quotes from collection & deliveries from supplier to client
- Re-work of floorplans for showroom / window and event displays using AutoCAD
- Assisting with the creation and cataloguing of artwork for events, flyers and look books
- Attending events/trade fairs and researching for potentials to attend
- Contributing to the daily running of FBC London
- Assist Clients as and when required in the showroom and on the phone
- Assisting with the everyday running of the FBC London showroom
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Fluent Spoken & Written English
- Strong telephone manner
Successful candidates will come to the role with a strong creative background (does not need to be specific to furniture; graphics, product and interiors would be accepted):
- Prior experience working within a creative studio would be beneficial
- Comfort working with AutoCAD and Solidworks as well as Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Enthusiasm for the design and production process and alertness to diverse project goals
- Great communication skills and an eagerness to be involved in all areas is a must
An internship with FBC London would help to develop you for future in-house work at other companies or across other design disciplines.
In addition, we respect our interns and the work they produce for us and so this will be a paid position.
To apply, send us a cover letter, resume, and a sample of your design work.