Want to design products sporting the reebok brand? Keep reading...Marque Makers is setting the world of sport on fire.
We partner with the worlds biggest sports brands to manage the design, manufacture and shipment of their branded sports products. We develop and innovate sports products with a Wow factor. Our highest profile brand partners are adidas and Reebok; we also work with Selkirk and RS-Sports in the exciting emerging sports of Padel and Pickleball.
Our vision is to see our products being used by the biggest sports stars in the world, helping them create history on the global stage. We will achieve this by creating exciting sports products enjoyed by 10 million people around the world, from pro players to aspiring juniors.
We are an efficient company with a highly skilled workforce who are passionate about making a positive impact in sport. Our employees work hard to create valuable products that our customers say are desirable, delivering growth and benefit to the entire Marque Makers team.
You will be empowered to make a difference, working alongside some of the most creative minds and best athletes on the planet, galvanized around a sense of purpose and passion, underpinned by a highly agile and flexible work environment that is anti-corporate. Your work will make a real difference within the company, for the brands we represent, the athletes that rely on us to give them the edge over the competition and the millions of weekend warriors that simply enjoy their sport.
We are head quartered in Hong Kong however operate a decentralized team across China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Dubai, Barcelona and England.
Purpose of Role:
Lead the design and development of performance footwear that has the wow factor both visually and functionally, delivering performance on the field of play, helping athletes win gold medals on the world sporting stage and weekend warriors enjoy their sport to the max.
Type of Role: freelance on a project-by-project basis to start with, potential to progress to a full time role.
• Deliver innovative and contemporary product and graphic designs within the performance footwear category.
• Participate in brainstorms and gather market and laboratory research to support new product concepts.
• Identify trends and drive the internal creative process for both design and development disciplines.
• Liaise with external partners to develop technologies, concepts and relevant product information.
• Communicate design intent through 2D sketching, 3D CAD, sketch modeling and prototyping.
• Analyze, interpret and communicate technical information from the sport category managers in order to make informed design decisions.
• Prepare and update 3D files and technical information following sound engineering practice and principles.
• Liaise with Far East suppliers to integrate and develop new constructions/methods/technologies into the final design.
• Prepare technical documentation and product visualisations to support and communicate the design intent.
• Prepare for and participate when required in product launches and design reviews with category managers.
• Input into the creation of product related marketing communications appropriate for trade and end consumer.
You will be likely working remotely and manage your own time effectively whilst working with an international team as well as:
• +3 years previous relevant experience.
• A degree in a relevant product/consumer/industrial design discipline.
• Demonstrate a strong 3D style with emphasis on form with function.
• Methodical and accurate design development through CAD/CAM, prototyping and testing.
• Ability to communicate accurately through 2D and 3D media, e.g., sketching, CAD, model making.
• Ability to develop product graphics with a clear visual style.
• Ability to plan, prioritise and coordinate with other teams.
• Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
• Able to travel internationally for project handovers and launches as required.
• Adapt to all the varying demands of product & design team across all sports within the group portfolio.
• Come with a network of suppliers that specialize in the manufacture of performance footwear.
• Sound understanding and knowledge of basic engineering and physical principles associated with performance footwear.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of performance footwear materials, composites, manufacturing and assembly.
• Experienced 3D CAD user, as well as Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Expert in 3D visualization.
• Working experience with emerging technologies including lattice and generative design tools such as rhino/grasshopper or ntopology.
• Knit, mesh engineering and pattern cutting knowledge would also be desirable.
• Proficient in Adobe illustrator, Photoshop and Microsoft Office applications.
Want to Apply?
If Marque Makers sounds like a place where you’d like to continue your sporting adventure, please email your CV and portfolio to [email protected].