We are a health technology company. We built our entire company around the belief that every human matters, and we won't stop until everybody everywhere has access to the quality healthcare that we all deserve. Do the work of your life to help the lives of others.
- Learn more about our business.
- Discover our rich and exciting history.
- Learn more about our purpose.
If you’re interested in this role and have many, but not all, of the experiences needed, we encourage you to apply. You may still be the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Philips. Learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion here.
To Qualify for Application: Please apply, attaching both your CV and project portfolio.
Starting Date: February 2024
Duration: 6-9 months
Contract hours: 40 h/week
We are the Mother and Child Care & Women's Health Experience design team, committed to creating innovative solutions based on consumer insights. Our mission is to enhance the health and well-being journey for families from pregnancy discovery through the first two years of a child's life.
As an integral team member, you'll support our diverse group of designers in research, concept creation, and hands-on product design, contributing to the end-to-end creation of consumer experiences.
- Collaborate closely with the design team on research, concept creation, and design development.
- Actively participate in hands-on product design, gaining exposure to the complete consumer experience.
- Create functional and compelling product concepts addressing user-context requirements.
- Utilize effective visual languages, understanding their impact on brand, audience, market, and culture.
- Stay informed about current trends through market research in fashion, art, design, and digital products.
- Demonstrate strong narrative ability in verbal and written communication.
- Use visual tools to bring product narratives to life.
- Apply professional skills, including (digital) visualization, 3D modeling, and prototyping.
- Analyze user insights and translate them into strong product ideas/concepts.
You’re the right fit if you:
- Are pursuing a University degree in product or product-interaction/industrial design.
- Possess a user-centric mindset with good technical understanding, ideally with some manufacturing process experience.
- Have analytical and conceptual skills to increase domain knowledge and create meaningful solutions.
- Have CAD software knowledge (Rhino or SolidWorks).
- Demonstrate strong visualization, 3D modeling, prototyping, and sketching skills.
- Are proficient in using tools like Adobe Creative Suite, Keyshot, and Sketch.
- Have technical understanding of the realization phase in the product development process.
- Have experience working in multidisciplinary teams and collaborating with specialists in digital and communication design.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience in specific business domains, markets, and cultures (a plus).
- Preferred experience with small or stand-alone electronic devices.
In return we offer you:
- Monthly full-time allowance between €500 - €700 gross, depending on educational level. If you will perform a part-time internship you will receive the allowance pro-rata,
- Housing compensation, in case of relocating to the vicinity of the office,
- Travel compensation, if you are not eligible for a free public transport card; you will receive max. €192,- net,
- Paid holidays per internship term,
- The opportunity to buy Philips products at our shop,
- Hybrid working mode,
- Possibility to work with the Award-Winning Experience Design team,
- Supportive team and opportunities to apply and enhance your skills,
- Opportunity to design solutions from FMCG goods to connected propositions.
1. Click on the link below to send in your application.
2. Please write ‘leManoosh - Industrial Designer application’ in your subject for the email.
Important: please note that in order to be considered for an internship, you need to be registered as a student during the entire internship period. Formal documentation (proof of enrollment) will be requested. Students from outside the EU need to fill in an NUFFIC agreement, which needs to be signed by the student and the university. Please note that the contents of our regular internship assignments are not suitable for professionals (and/or MBA students) with professional work experience.