“When you’re able to bring your inner creativity to life at work, you don’t call it ‘work’ anymore. It’s your passion.”
Fabian, junior photographer
Photo and film production is a competitive field, so gain experience in an environment that will stand out from the rest. If you are looking for an opportunity that makes you think differently and consider the bigger picture, the brand-oriented photography and film KISKA produces for performance brands like KTM and Husqvarna Motorcycles may be of interest. The role includes a variety of rewarding hands-on responsibilities:
• Pre- and post-production administration activities including call sheet creation, script distribution, report development and internal database updates.
• Management of shoot details, including organising the team’s calendars and making travel arrangements, acquiring location and music permits and assisting model searches.
• Occasional assistance as an on-shoot runner.
• Assistant editing including locating footage, ingesting rushes, making rough cuts, etc.
To make the most of this important career step, you need:
• Six months’ availability and the high level of motivation, determination and stamina necessary to support production.
• Excellent organisational and administrative skills, a keen attention to detail and to be punctual.
• The creativity and communication savvy vital to problem solving.
• To be a student or graduate in film, media production or multimedia art. Or, you’ll have already completed a first work experience in production assistance, videography, photography, or editing.
• High-level of proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, Final Cut 7.
• Very good English skills (German is an asset).