Four Billion times a day, P&G brands touch the lives of people around the world, making life a little better each day! P&G is committed to ensuring a better quality of life now and for generations to come. Joining the Research & Development Industrial Design (RD/ID) Team is a unique experience for any designer. You will have the opportunity to work for a company that invests in the employee's personal and professional development, participate in meaningful projects that impact the business, global brands and billions of people’s lives.
The Research & Development Industrial Designer will contribute across a number of programs, from early stage Front End Innovation (FEI) through design conceptualization all the way to production. The Industrial Designer role requires a motivated independent thinker that can inspire, generate and bring to life new ideas with their cross-functional partners. As a key member of this team, you will be expected to find meaningful ways to integrate design processes and thinking into Front End Innovation programs.
With a focus on design innovation, the Industrial Designer will translate deep consumer understanding into robust and meaningful design solutions that meet key business objectives. The role requires superior visualization skills, the ability to rapidly prototype design ideas for use in consumer testing as well as developing production ready designs that can be handed off to an internal or external engineering team.
• BA or MA in Industrial Design or strongly related field with experience in Industrial Design and a portfolio that demonstrates design expertise
• Experience with hand-held products or devices are a plus.
• 0-7 years of relevant design experience, preferably 2-5 years of experience.
• Strong core design skills in sketching, ideation, 2D/3D rendering, form and surface development are required. Also, a good working knowledge of ergonomics and materials and processes are an added plus. Candidates should show exceptional communication and visualization skills that bridge across functions to inspire design solutions and bring programs to fruition. Candidate must be able to work with an understanding of technical considerations and bring sensitivity to form development as well as color, materials and finishes
• Candidate should show ability to drive great design balancing consumer needs within technical constraints and manufacturing processes.
• Passion for the integration of design with technology with a desire to experiment and explore new ideas. The candidate must be able to connect consumer insights, technology, socio-cultural and market trends in meaningful ways to uniquely solve design challenges.
• Ability to successfully work within multi-functional teams to deliver robust and feasible designs. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and be highly collaborative in order to influence and enroll multiple functions (i.e. Marketing, Mechanical Design, Materials, and Process & Engineering) to deliver great design solutions.
• Ability to identify and leverage trends to drive meaningful and relevant design solutions, establish solid and creative problem definition, review of historical learning, develop new and novel approaches as well as contributing to consumer research plans.
• Strong working knowledge of relevant CAD systems (e.g. Alias, Rhino, Solid Works, or Freeform) or rendering software (e.g. KeyShot, Bunkspeed Shot or Move) is a must. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office is required. Though not required, experience with animation tools (Flash, Premiere, Maya, etc.) is an added bonus to fulfilling the role.
• Knowledge or experience of injection molding, blow molding and high-speed assembly techniques is a plus.
Full-time position based in Brussels,
Belgium. Availability to relocate from abroad is necessary to apply.
Please be sure to attach a portfolio of your work samples.