We are looking for a Product design intern to join our team in Shanghai.
Located at the heart of China, Shanghai proves itself to be a hub for business and design. D2G a team comprised of Dutch designers, design and develop products for noteworthy Chinese corporations as well as international corporations from the USA and Europe. For both markets the team is focused on user-centred design, developing innovative new products and strong visual product identities. Recently we have been gaining strong demand from our clients due to our unique approach, focused on collaborating with manufacturers in an early stage to optimize products.
The internship experience
As an intern within the design team you will bear equal design responsibilities as the other team members. Your main responsibility will be to assist lead designers within running projects. From gaining insights through simple research set ups, to visiting manufacturers for better understanding of post-design stages in order to optimize the product designs. Do you see yourself as an all-around designer? And do you have equal interest in all steps of the design process? Then you are the one we are looking for!
The ideal candidate:
• A bachelor or masters student in industrial design, product design, or with a similar educational background.
• Experienced with user-centered design methods and design strategy, with the ability to turn insights into feasible design concepts.
• Excellent digital visualization skills
• Experienced in the use of 3D software & rendering, such as Solidworks, keyshot etc..
• Strong affinity with color material finishing and form.
• Fluency in Mandarin is a plus but not a must